help finding threaded tube

kurtis1791

Hey guys

Am at the point in making my coilovers that I need to get hold of some threaded tube

My struts have an od of 54mm ish

Where do I find some threaded tube to suit these?

After searching I can find some that are 55mm offshore was hoping to find some locally.

55mm should be fine yea?

cheers Kurt

<I'm no expert.> But I would guess that the size of the tube and nut should suit the springs. Not the strut. Pretty sure the springs only come in one, or possibly two standard sizes.

If you get/find smaller diameter tube to fit your struts, the nut may be too small a diameter and not support the spring. Unless you plan on machining a ring to fit over your nut and support the spring. 

I'd probably get threaded tube to suit the springs, then machine a stepped sleeve/collar to make the tube a good fit to the strut.

</I'm no expert>

• Like 1

Pretty much what rookie said. Most of mine have not been a perfect tight fit. But a small gap is not the end if the world. However might be a bit more effort now that everything has to tigged these days.

A small shim or shim steel might help.

And yeah its called nipple tube. I usually deal with the distribution in petone. There is a dude there that knows but dont know his name