maxted

Maxteds 1969 mazda B1500

just caught up with this now. good decision staying with the old engine, looking at the pics of the block makes me wonder what are the differences between an na and an ma block, just bore size? you could then just bore it and put ma internals in..

cheers, yeah far easier to get it on the road than going down the mx5 engine route, i know the MA is a taller engine so must have a longer stroke. I'm pretty happy with how it goes, runs really good, id like to replace the gearbox with a mx5 one or get one of mine rebuilt as the one in it is a bit noisey. you don't know of anyone worth trying for a round port manifold? I'm almost thinking maybe should get some headers made. 

It has a round port manifold? I thought that was only an ap/efi MA manifold.. I'd try and get hold of an rx5/121 gearbox, they're pretty nice

yeah i don't know what the story is but the head is round port, are the 121 boxes the same size as 626? its a pretty snug fit in the tunnel. you don't need a spare MA engine?

Check this gearbox page if you have not already seen It

http://www.jascoautomotive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55&sid=84999adc9264d968c136f84017a3a0f6

As much as I liked the throw an efi mx5 motor idea in I also really like the keep it original style too

Very cool ute good to see it being used

• Like 2

yeah i don't know what the story is but the head is round port, are the 121 boxes the same size as 626? its a pretty snug fit in the tunnel. you don't need a spare MA engine?

Yeah, they aren't massive box.. set up for a vc tho as I had to do a little machining to get an MA flywheel into mine, few and far between tho. In saying that there's an rx5 box on the tard, haven't seen a 626 box come up in a long time..

Ute is looking sweet mate.

Any chance your parts ute has a mint interior light lense that you would be willing to part with ?

The one in the wife's b1600 has turned to powder .

thanks mate! looking forward to using it again soon.

sorry the interior light cover is completely missing in the parts ute, I possibly could track down a new one from a guy overseas I've got a few things through if you would like?

That would be cool if you could.

Don't go out of your way, it's not the end of the world,  just makes my OCD tick a bit.

@WLDRX2 sorry mate couldn't track down a lense cover, if I come across one or anyone stripping one ill get in touch

@triumph...tristan only just saw your question sorry, I used Repco, Bnt and the mount shop between those three I managed to source everything I needed. I was working in a workshop at the time and got on well with the parts rep's and usually got them to track down what I needed

• Like 1

@rivalrx thanks mate! it was good to get those bits tidied up, they had always bugged me. hopefully get a bit of motivation now to chip away at the last 10% of the project to finish it off, hows the coupe coming along? did you get your certification?

• Like 1

All certed reg wof as of the end of July. Needs a WOf end of Jan haha. Man they come around fast. 

reunion in a month and a bit so game on

• Like 1