Matts daily Coon ute of wooooooosh.

mjrstar

My wife wouldnt even get in the car with me if I owned one of those. I scared her in my old AE getting a little sideways in the wet. She didnt like it that the car was sliding and I was laughing.

Wicked ute. Does this get unstuck in the rain..? No towbar?

Old boy is super keen on one of these but in sedan format.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rain????
This thing will melt the rears in 4th at 120kph+ ( private road) at anything more than 2/3 throttle in the dry.

Full throttle ( if you dare) will see the tcl flashing at 160 in 4th.

Wife only drove it once and had the tail out at an intersection. This is all with the traction control on.

Do um yeah i have unstuck myself a couple of times coming out of 70 zones into 100kph area in the wet where unintended tyre destruction took place.

I don't think there's many fg utes in the country running 19-20 psi but for good reasons.
Keep it under 2500 rpm and 1/3 Throttle and its safe as houses. I think I have it figured out now.

You can get turbo g6e's cheap now just need to budget for an lsd as they have open rear diff from factory.

• Like 9

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Front tyre wear is all about wheel alignment and setup. Hard to find someone who knows what they are doing on my BA it's wearing perfectly. Went to flip the tyres after 10000km of fairly hard driving the other day and hasn't shown any signs of wear inside or outside (soft 18" eagle f1s and quite low). The alignment has definately solved the problem on my car

Fuck what a weapon! I love how they have proper pumped out gaurds compared to the holdens . Flared gaurds are sweet , but pumped gaurds are next level . 
There is also no denying that the Barra is a serious piece of kit , i wish theyd get over the v8 flagship thing and release a 6 pot turbo in the form it should be . 
I mean hsv have their blown version @ what 430kw? I bet with the same amount of input the xr6t would blow it clean out of the water ... in hp terms anyhow . 

The 270~kw ute I have is nothing to sneeze at, but having a 4L turbo has "I was made for skids at speed" written all over it .

• Like 1

Front tyre wear is all about wheel alignment and setup. Hard to find someone who knows what they are doing on my BA it's wearing perfectly. Went to flip the tyres after 10000km of fairly hard driving the other day and hasn't shown any signs of wear inside or outside (soft 18" eagle f1s and quite low). The alignment has definately solved the problem on my car

Keen to hear what sort of toe/camber numbers it's running...  My brother in law's FGII xr6t is going through a set of fronts in less that 20,000k's so he may be keen to get some better alignment numbers happening too.

Oh, it looks like I may have found the front weapon calipers I was after too..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brakes from Lithuania turned up thanks to a mate that has an ebay account..

Brembo Z18 monoblock 6 pots from Audi Q7 / Porsche cayenne / Big volkswagon 4wd thing.

20150202_145310_zpsikwkqhli.jpg

Hard to gauge the size but these things are designed for a 34mm thick 360-380mm dia disc so monster the brembos fitted to my evo.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I have been researching a bit more on the brake front, at the moment audi rs3/ttrs 370mm rotors look like an option to fill the 19 inch wheels properly, but no solid progress on the fitment of the monster 6 pots yet..

also found some dash inserts on ebay Australia for a sharp price in the colour i was after. Pretty sure they are from a G6E.. my mate brought them back with him to save on postage dramas..

before:

20150606_130803_zpszdjz5snk.jpg

10 minutes later..

20150607_094710_zps5vwj3ell.jpg

sadly thats the best my phone camera was going to do in those light conditions..

• Like 2

Yeah fair enough. Ive got a bit of maintenance looming on my ba brakes with pads and seals/sliders. May be an easier option to upgrade to a larger brake while I'm there.

I've found two-footed braking improves the feel a lot/means you can stand on them REALLY hard..

The wheels are still in the shed, they have 245/45/18 bridgestone re002's which have done about 1500k's on them..

I intend on getting the tyres taken off and put in my wifes car, as it'll otherwise be up for a grand in new rubber it shortly.

I do have a pair of dunlop sp sport with decent tread also in 245 45 18 I could part with..