4AGZE / 4AGE Head - help/differences

brad

I had read that small ports ports are slightly too small, and big port ports are slightly too big, so it was common to fill big ports with resin and make an in between port, but only if you are hard cone chasing all the powers. If you are trying to get over 200hp NA, from what I have read, a big port is better.

MOAR PORT, FOR MOAR DORT!

The idea of the 4afe head being churerer to swank up is interesting, but i've never really seen/heard of anyone doing it?

Look in the context of this thread Rookies comment to use a 4AFE head is throw away. Yes the good FE heads have more potential on the intake ports (by quite abit) but you will have to spend lots of money on cams and port work (pistons also probably) to make it work. If you just want to punt around and pop the odd one wheel skid then keep going the 4age way. Use whatever head you can get that makes it easy or better yet just buy a complete motor, it will work out cheaper and easier I am sure. If you were wanting to actually build something with wild big cams and spend some money then a 4afe head may well be the way to go.

I'd track down a bluetop and chuck that in personally because I think they are neat, the heads are still shit house though.

I mean I'd K24 it.

No wait LS.

• Like 6

actually, agree,  bluetop.  it'l at least feel fastest out of everything but a blacktop.  you're not going to be going fast with any 4age without money throwen at it. so may as well feel like you are