Who's down for a Sunday drive?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a lovely day's cruise, smallish turnout but mint weather and a nice drive.

Any reason they wouldn't let you in?

Shall have to organise something again some time, maybe different location/destination just to shake things up.

• 7 months later...

Why not today?

Nah, Sunday is fine by me. Any excuse to drag the 'tang out again.

I'm keen.
Need a ride.
Don't care where.
Riverhead is nice.

Can pick you up, bowl. Only room for one passenger though, you and Tara can play rock-paper-scissors.

• Like 1

Its a date then. Same plan as punkout's meet at 11 in long bay beach carpark . Dribble poos in each others ears about fossil fuels and why tyre smoke smells so good. Then head west for a leisurely cruise and a cold drink.

Euron8 and azzuro are working on final venue could be heading further out to muriwai for bevarage

• Like 1

Why not today?

Nah, Sunday is fine by me. Any excuse to drag the 'tang out again.

Can pick you up, bowl. Only room for one passenger though, you and Tara can play rock-paper-scissors.

Yes Please.

(Tara is staying home - Last day of her holidays)

Yeah if today was anything to go by, we turned around and went another way with the traffic backed up all the way to the shops. I find a sweet meeting spot is at the North Harbour Stadium carpark right next to the model track.

Muriwai might be a sweet drive on Sunday.

• Like 2

Unsure if ill pootle into 'town', as it is also Mrs Azzurros last day of holidays, and surf is looking OK, traffic will be shit, and it will be hot as feck, but but all welcome* for a cold beersie on the deck if the convoy does end up in Muriwai.

Maori Bay is also a good spot for parking up/photos unless surf is good (no parks) and there is a couple of picnic tables on the grass at the south end for picinics and whatnot. The beach is ok, but cant see cars from it. Under the trees by old surf club could be an option, but is often pretty busy.

could be quiet on sunday with a lot of people back to work?

*pending approval from said Mrs A