anyone in wellington able to help? car is being a faggot

yo so i have my sweet daily driver (honda civic). the problem is that i will go to start it sometimes and it'l fire right up, other times the battery will have fuck all charge and i cant start it.. i don't know if its a shit battery or alternator being lame.

Anyone able to help me with this? i have minimal tools at my place and i hate electronic shiz. 

Need this solved asap as i have a job trial as a pizza boy tomorrow haha/student lyfe. 

Beers to who can help me solve this/slap a multimeter on my car and tell me.

Mitch.

The battery man down next to Alicetown SuperCheap Auto will check it out for free I believe and try sell you a new battery.

Else go into SuperCheap and talk to a younger dude and he will test it out for you, tell you the cca of the battery or if your alternators screwed. I work there and will down there at about 1:30ish or all of tomorrow :(

yeah they be tight battery terminals are tight. 

Got it sussed nickthefox is going to jam a multimeter on it and that will tell me. 

I'm in Petone, yeah it most likely is the battery but poor student spec and can afford a battery and a alternator hahah one or the other. deffs isn't the starter motor.

Maybe we need a thread like "Shit, car won't start, and electrics are the devil"

1/ turn on lights, try to start. Do the lights go dim? Goto 10

2/ Lights don't go dim. Could be starter. Smack it with a hammer (no, really).

3/...

10/ Could be connections / battery. 

... etc