Link LEMG1 V3 - 20v 4age ignition timing

thegreatestben

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok swapped channel and spark came back. Flicked the dizzy around by hand with ignition on - have spark out of coil. Cool next check it's coming out of dizzy - yes timing light confirms. Awesome.

Crank by key it dies, note not getting rpm signal on dash or on the hand control. Igniter hot again

This output signal is used to drive an external igniter module to produce ignition sparks under

programmed control. IG1 is the output used when distributor

based ignition systems are using the LINK, or similar factory

igniters. When the signal is positive (+12 volts) then the coil

will be in dwell, and when changing from positive to negative

the spark will occur. This is the most common convention,

but for igniters that require the opposite polarity use "IG2".

Does the mitsi igniter need to be connected to IG2 instead then?

yes check the above.  how many volts does ecu see when cranking.  also make sure its grounds are connected properly

another thing you can try is  hooking the cas to a drill  or something.  disconnect the ignitor and injectors.   spin the shit out if the cas.  make sure you have a solid  clean rpm on hand controller.

Yes that was my initial fault, have charged battery, cranking good.

Found timing way out, check all sorts, leads to me checking ecu with Link themselves who advise designed for 4 tooth system only.

Had cranked it heaps and had no problem with spark/ignition other than it was occurring at the wrong time. Ground off the teeth then refitted. Sweet until I crank by key, think I've buggered the dizzy maybe. Might go round and get the old dizzy from other motor as it's no use to any one else.

Tonights notes, went to pick a part. Got another mitsi ignitor the same as the old one. Also a Toyota one and wiring, just in case.

Popped the mitsi one in, pulled the plugs out. spun dizzy by hand. Sweet spark on 1 & 4. None on 2 and a little on 3. Check spark coming out of coil - good.

Getting new cap and rotor tomorrow. They are pretty fucked tbh.

I guess excessive clearance in the cap would load up the ignitor eh?