Cressy's RX30

KKtrips

Heres my old one too

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/20512-seedy-als-japboso-rx30-cressida/?hl=%2Bseedy+%2Bal

I also still have the colour matched paint sitting around some where, I think I got 500mls of it. in case you have any rust work to be done

Plus, might have some extra inspiration to show you in the next few days

That look's sweet!

How did you shorten the shocks? 

I've done some before where I ran a button die down the shaft further and welded the bump stop backing washer down lower. Is it similar on these shocks?

I have that same pic of the cream one too, love it haha.

Oh wicked, it's 99.9% rust free, and some paint came with it but it's pretty old/probably no good now, ill keep that in mind, thanks heaps!

After you have the old bearing off and if you have a chest freezer then stick the axle in overnight. Then the trick for fitting the bearing and retainer is to heat them up with on top of a halogen light or similar for 10-15 minutes each - right before fitting. They slip over nice and easy one at a time but make sure you get them home in one go or you are going to need to press them the rest of the way.

• Like 3

Awesome! I didn't think of shortening the strut body (i'm used to throw away strut setups and threading the shock shaft to drop the top hat lower etc) Think ill give this a go, will find another pair of struts though. Possibly re-weld the the spring platform and use shorter/lowering springs of the same diameter to avoid cert/legal crap.

Has anyone done it that way before?

Cheers for the comments :) I'm pretty stoked with the score, would love a 2 door though! this will do me for now haha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey cressy. Coolest looking thing Toyota ever made. Always liked them. If a Corona was a Falcon this would be like a Fairlane. I had one for a couple of years in the late '90s. Wish I'd kept it. Under powered as hell with the 18R but still cool. Had dreams of putting a Holden 186 with a yella terra head and triple carbs in it but had no money. Thought it should be a relatively easy swap. With so many people putting Toyota five speed gearboxes into Holdens back then I figured that most of the thinking had been done.

Guess you already know that in other parts of the world they came out with the 2.6 litre 4M six that the older Crowns had. Would have been far better that way.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey Igor, they sure are a good looking car I reckon. Under powered, you're not wrong there haha. I toyed with the idea of a 1jzgte in there or a 1uz but decided against it in favor of keeping it relatively stock. Low and slow will get the job done