Keefys 52/56 VW Beetle Drag Car "El Nino"

Keefy

Build thread - //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/39726-el-nino-5256-vw-beetle-drag-car/

Leaving this here - cos that's the way this works, right?

Can I post YouTube video on here?  Here's a link to a video of an early run when we were doing shakedown tests. It was launching so hard it popped out of gear when the wheels came back down.  Still ran something like a low 15!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h3VDh7xgWAk

Were going to be in Wellington.

There's a big project going on at Masterson isn't there? Although from what I've read I get the impression its Moving slower than people hoped? A bit like my projects then I guess! Lol.

Awesome! Where are you moving from? 

I love that this thing is only 500kg. What sort've horsepower did it have to pull a 10?

We live near Luton, about 25 miles north of London.

I forget what the dyno said, but I think it was a bit over 200bhp. It was an early stage of tune and development and so only running something like 7-9 psi boost. There was heaps more in it.

Super rad. There's gonna have to be Beetle grudge racing all over the place with the proliferation of strip focused Beetles appearing.

You're right there is a strip being built in Masterton... I think they've managed to raise enough coin now to start too.

That's awesome ! Great to see another VW hitting the shores. Once you get running that will make three 10 second potentially 9 second VWs in the country.... Should make for some great racing sometime soon !!

What were you running in it when it was last running ?

• 11 months later...