Damz' HB Cosmo Discussion

damz721

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes was on trademe for a while not sure why it didn't sell it is fricken immaculate runs like a dream too... For now :P have gone with the 15s still haven't got tyres for the mk2s yet but I think I'll keep them for my Datsun

there was a standard cosmo that was crashed then the running gear was transferred into a hb 929 shell.

or something like that anyway.

whats the chassis prefix?, 12a turbo is hbsn2 and 929 is hbshe (I think). although your chassis plate might have been swapped.

there was a standard cosmo that was crashed then the running gear was transferred into a hb 929 shell.

or something like that anyway.

whats the chassis prefix?, 12a turbo is hbsn2 and 929 is hbshe (I think). although your chassis plate might have been swapped.

Carjam says: HBSHE103676

Carjam says: HBSHE103676

yea I just carjammed it

its had the bits from a 12a turbo swapped over from a factory cosmo. one of the previous owners had it on the tard awhile back, said it had swapped running gear.  

I will check tomorrow is there any other ways to find out if its been converted or not? Had it on hoist today it all looks very clean and tidy underneath

I'm not sure if Mazdas of that era have data plates but I would assume they do. They easiest thing to check would be the data plate against factory details.

Do you think I will have issues at warrant time ? I will need to get it certified ?

technically yea it needs certifying but it will waltz through as the swap would have been done with factory bits.

It probably will be noticed come wof time, looks like on carjam it doesnt have a current wof?

sorry bout the info dude, its probably ruined your night.