Opel Vectra Track Car (V2)

mikuni

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about Li Ion charging, but Li Fe can be charged perfectly safely from a normal battery charger as long as it has a automatic cutoff once the battery is full. Charging from a normal vehicle alternator circuit will be fine for the most part, but you'd want to be careful with earlier vehicles or dodgy alternators. All that will occur is a damaged battery though, no explosion like may occur with Li Ion or Li Po.

Shorai FAQ

http://shoraipower.com/faq

• Like 1

should be ok with a little motor like yours but i doubt it will turn over my high comp falcon 6,lol

I've seen a video of one starting a massive high comp V8. It was a couple of sizes up than my battery, but like you say, small motor, small battery. 

Lead–acid batteries, invented in 1859 - is it possible that battery technology has moved on in 154 years? I think a lot of people just decide something can't work because they can't comprehend it. 

I kind of just like new technology and new ways of doing things, and this was a really easy way of saving 13kg. 

Looks like it needs heaps more holes once you cage it.

Definitely! I'm pretty much going to just tidy it up in it's current form and try and get it to a few events at the moment though. Before I lose the plot and chop it into a million pieces like the last one. 

Decided to grab a picture of my battery - I agree, it is very hard to comprehend after a lifetime of lead acid batteries, but it's working! 

DSCF1756.jpg

Give you an idea of the size - that's the battery in the distance on the firewall

DSCF1758.jpg

• Like 3

Bit of a boring vid and doesn't sound very impressive, but here it is at Hampton. 

Basically just me catching that red thing but leaving it 1 lap too late for the pass (I had already passed my competitor on the second lap)

DSCF2075.jpg

DSCF2079.jpg

Obviously quite the dream boat

DSCF2073.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...