Parties, polo, pools, pistons, pushbikes, panoramas, pies, peaks, pharmacology, philosophy, pints, play @ Hanmer Aug 30th-Sept 1st.

Guest Born Loser

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im working on the form now, and I have a few questions...

Do you guys want to include a dinner option on the Saturday night Saints or Monteiths Bar etc or would everyone rather do their own thing?

Im going to add an extra $10 to the cost of the weekend to cover getting some stickers made an anything else we might need in the way of printing or other admin type things. With the idea that any left overs can go back into the oldschool bank account or towards nats 2014 etc

Also we are going to email the hot pools to see if they will do us a group booking/discount.

I think thats all for now...

Discuss.......

• Like 1

Discount at pools would be ace. Bloody expensive. When I were a lad I remember going there and it was 50c. And you had to supply your own towel.

And hot water.

Now it's like $20 but at least they now supply the hot water.

But you still have to bring your own towel. So a bit pricey.

The store over the road does have an awesome collection of videos from the 80's though. Well at least they used to. Many years ago.

Im wondering if the Forest Camp is the best location for this?

mainly for these 2 rules

• We are a family friendly camp ground and ask all guests to respect other campers and to be quiet from 10pm on both

weekdays and weekends.

• We are a no smoking establishment. There is a strict no smoking code for all buildings and guests are asked to refrain from

smoking in the grounds.

That really does sound like exactly the kind of place that would kick us out after the first night. Maybe we do need to reconsider our options.

I can handle going for a walk to smoke (or spend the night drinking on the street with Emma, smoke in hand) but asking that many people to use their inside voices after the laughably early hour of 10pm is going to be impossible.

Edit: Aaaaand just saw that last amendment. That's the nail in the coffin I think.

• Like 2

Ouch yea i agree with Shaz I think we'd end up being booted on the first night.

Maybe I could ring/email the Hanmer Information Center and see if they can give us some other options?

Surely there will be somewhere in Hanmer we can use. After all we are a binge drinking nation. Alcohol............Its in our blood

Or we can substitute Alcohol for Tea/Coffee and discuss our feelings rather than party. Or..........But lots of Heroine and all get smacked up comatose for 2-3 days? Both quite options

• Like 1

Did the lodge a CRW have similar rules in place?

I could be wrong but i think the difference here is that we will not be the only ones in the camp site. There will be others staying there who without a doubt will complain about our drunken noisiness. At CRW there was no one else there to complain.