Hypokp's 1982 starlet kp61 'S' discussion

hypokp

Strewth how have I not seen this thread before hand.

so so sweet mate, glad to see you rocking the wicked stripes and guttering stz, looks great!

I think I left one of those cars somewhere, some time ago.

Oh no way? do you still have it? I think you might have to get it going then!!

Bike carbs look ace! they happy facing that way up? I got mine in the mail today but from factory ate pretty much dead level so hope they enjoy being on an angle haha.

Did you buy the carbs/manifold/motor like that or did you put the bike carbs on? Any tips/tricks/pitfalls you wish to mention if you did do it yourself?

cheers for they comments guys the carbs are yamaha r1 carbs they sound awsome really responsive, i got the motor carbs and exhaust as a package off trademe and im really happy with how it performs they only problem im having its the hose clamps the hold the carbs on to the manifold pop off every now and then,hopefully softer hose will fix this problem

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Such a sweet starlet bro well done! you could get some intercooler clamps (cant remember the name of them) but they are like hose clamps but a better design and heavy duty. Once you tighten them up with a spanner they don't come undone.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...