1987 323 sedan

oldrx7

nothing special, but i guess these are kind of getting a bit harder to find in tidy shape nowdays.

Owned quite a few different BF 323's and lasers and have always made awesome reliable cheap dailys, so when i got back from overseas travelling earlier this year I was on the hunt for solid tidy daily for under $1500.

This popped up on trademe and had a $1000 no reserve, that immediatly got my attention, and quickly called the contact number to have a look and test drive. Car was super tidy and drove well, so kept it on my watchlist for a week. Ended up in a bidding war with 1 other person, and ended up paying $1500 for it. Kind of got caught up in the trademe bids, so was more than what i normally would of paid, but oh well. Got it and have been happy with it.

This how it looked after picking it up, nice n tidy with only a few small paint marks and trolley dents. Found some cheap dobi springs on trademe, so bought and fitted those. Then kept my eye out for some cheap rims. Didnt want anything bigger than 15's to avoid the roller skate look. And ended up finding some factory GSR alloys with brand new tyres on them, so snapped them up for a decent price. Then finally got the windows tinted. Pretty happy with how it looks, could always bit a bit lower though ... so might look into a coil or two less here n there sometime soon.

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

IMG_1163.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

wow another 323 person :iconbiggrin: so whats the plans keep it reliable or going to a b6t ,bpt ,fe3 ,f2t, kf or a kl? depending on how keen you are hahaha

the bpt conversion is always fun , but you should upgrade the brakes if you do that as they are really shit with a 1.8 turbo behind it as said above

thanks man, never driven a turbo one, but imagine they'd be a bit of fun for sure. a decent turbo one is definatly getting harder to find

nowdays too

The GT wasnt a turbo one. but it did have the twin cam 1600cc b6d engine (same engine as an mx5, but slightly less power in the familia), and various nicer bits of trim etc, the best was the factory tinted tail lights on a white shell. i chucked some nice suspension at it and some fatter wheels/tires and it was awesome.

edit: i also found a guy selling custom length bmw m3 boot lips, that really looked the part on it

this is just the 1500cc model, GLX though, so has a few little bits n pieces that is better than the budget spec ones,

plush brown velour interior being one of the perks !

will stay the way it is now, its a reliable daily and i wouldnt want to spend money on a engine swap unless this one gave up on me.

although im sure a turbo or injected engine would be much nicer and quicker to have.

you have a pic of these BMW things your talking about? i cant picture it?

ah yep, i could see one of those black rubbery type ones looking ok on the bootlid. pretty sure some of the GT spec and turbo spec ones may have come with them too.

nice and easy little cars these, never anything too difficult to work on, and nice and cheap to run.