Ladaspeeds Large Landcruiser of Love

ThePog

So after my Merc wagoon shit itself yet again I decided to buy a grown ups car. My criteria was that it had to be Toyota, a wagon, diesel, grunty and spacious. This left room for only one thing;

234859106_full.jpg

234858934_full.jpg

I drove many of these, and spent quite a lot of money getting apparently good ones checked out, There was a not too bad one I nearly went for, but it had a very unfortunate colour scheme. I hung out for the right one, and this is hopefully it. It just turned over 315kms and is pretty tidy overall.

I got the radiator cleaned out and bought a set of rims and tyres of trademe as the ones on it were barely warrantable/as bald as my scrotum. Fuckin spendy at $800, but much cheaper than new ones at $1250ish.

Landy.jpg

I painted them matty B but it turned out that the rims are pretty lightweight compared to the ROH's that were on it. I may get the ROH's powdercoated black at $60 each, but I am rather tempted to buy 5x black steels so I have all the same (the spare is a random), that way I can sell the ROH's as a mostly warrantable set, and the rims that came with the new tyres.

Plans are to have it start and run incredibly reliably everytime I want to drive it ever, which means doing nothing to it ever. Also I might take it out the Waimak and get stuck like a noob. Good times.

I may take off the monsoons and flares, but only because I saw this and it got me fizzing;

http://forum.ih8mud....-my-80-tan.html

DSC09609.JPG

I will almost certainly never put big fat tyres on it, it has 285/75/16's already for gods sake.

If feels like a crime against nature to sit in traffic in this, however as I normally bike to work every day i can probably rationalise it somehow. All we need is another massive earthquake to bollox the roads and I will feel totally justified.

The monsoons just make it look more like a vagina 4wd, whereas the other one in that thread looks awesomely more like a dirty old 60 series, I am all for industrial. I might make a massive bumper for it out of ibeams.

You are bang on there, a Surf of equivalent age, mileage and condition is worth half the money. This nearly decided me on a Surf, but they about the size of a corolla inside, so no. It is the most money I have ever spent on a car, this gave me the shits.

Yea fridge and all, it even works. My kids wanted to camp in it when i got it and live off coke and sandwiches that they kept in the fridge, they were very insistent...

I should put up some shots of the interior, it is a lush 2 tone chocolate brown velour.

What is the attraction of the monsoons? I never understood them, and have taken them off every car I have owned that had them.

My dad has one of these. Its awesome.

It has monsoons and they rule. I dig the flares as well.

pimp mods to dads one include a trans cooler and airbag spring assistors.

It has fancy plastic woodgrain covers on heaps of the inside and a real nice wooden momo wheel.

I look forward to inheriting it some day.