4k wont start

jtkp61

Hey guys, just done a full rebuild on my 4k. Had it running mint got a warrant and on the way home it died, it had the typical symptoms of a flat battery. Charged battery, no change. The coil was the only thing I had not replaced so I bought a new one. Cars got spark and fuel and timing is good (i've been told) however still it wont start.

The starter motor is turning the engine over, but it wont fire into life. Had 3 people round and still can't work it out.

Any ideas?

It was running and then it just cut out.. SO its def getting fuel, theres spark.. I have a feeling it will be something minor. Maybe something has come loose or along those lines.. Im just trying to give u some ideas. cnt really tell with out being there to see and hear whats happening. If it was running then it cnt be the timing aye? does she have lumpy cam? Yeah like the bro steelies said it might need a real good spark maybe.?

a bit of extra info, i set the static timing on this by getting #1 cylinder at tdc (actually at 8 degrees) on compression stroke (rockers rocking) and set the dizzy to the #1 lead, alowing for the hylical drive that moves the rotor.

i then read on club k that it was meant to be timed with #4 at tdc on comp stroke (Ned was actually in on that discusion, and it was the user Blown 5K that listed these instructions), it seemed retarded but i tried it anyway because the guy seemed to know what he was talking about and it cant hurt it, but no joy, so im pretty sure it needs to be timed back using #1 cylinder for a 3rd time, as thats how i got it initially running.

can anyone confirm the correct way to static time a 4k?