Petes Rx7 series 3

mazlyf

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely little car mate, on the topic of Nationals I'll be going into planning mode for the 4&R Nationals in Auckland in the next couple of months and this is potentially one car I'd like to have on display along with a certain other Series 3 RX7 on here...

Could be interested as a few poeple have mentioned it could be nice to see a stock un modded one there and I have always enjoyed going to the nats as a spectator

if you get bored/feel like it take the rear speaker covers out and have a look if theres mounts under there for shoulder belts like mine does. Id be curious to know if any others have this, from what Ive come across its an aftermarket thing.

dsc00532dv.jpg

dsc00639k.jpg

mount can be seen on the top right corner in the last pic.

ok its definately aftermarket then

but hoooooooold on. you've removed the factory fan set up and now you have no fan to draw air through the radiator??.. or am I missing something?

Mounting fan infront of radiator so its not visable engine side looking at thermo fan setups at the mo as also planning on getting a nicer radiator and a front mount oil cooler

Not a criticism as I totally believe it's your car and do whatever pleases you.

But I'm not digging the gilmores, that's not a tasteful modification to such a tidy, original car.

I think you should leave the engine bay as it left the factory, that's the hardest thing to find about older cars these days...

And to me those clarion speakers don't look factory, they appear to be multi fit and also look more modern then the vehicle but I am also probably wrong about this...

Not a criticism as I totally believe it's your car and do whatever pleases you.

But I'm not digging the gilmores, that's not a tasteful modification to such a tidy, original car.

I think you should leave the engine bay as it left the factory, that's the hardest thing to find about older cars these days...

I admit I almost feel bad about fitting the glimers but Im not planning on getting rid of this car and personally I like them - I do have all the original pullys thou as if I ever do sell it I will put it back to full original (I even have the origianl spark plug leads) :)

Lovely car. I had a stock standard series 3 in blighty - our first rotor ever. Not rust at all- completely solid. Same 110 ish mileage. Only paid $1500 nzd at the time all mot'd and rego'd. They are still insanely cheap over ther and if you search you can find rust free ones. I bought another mint one with no rust a few years later for only $500nzd!!!! Went straight through a new mot/wof.

If this were mine I'd remove the Gilleys. So over done and to me they reek of spotty youths with overly flat peaked caps. The beauty of a nice original rotary is the smoothness and quietness- great for cruising about or for long trips.

Our standard series 3 was good for an easy 25mpg on long runs and was a very nice place to be as it was so quiet. Such a rare thing to find a nice tidy original one these days. Although I agree those spoilers are ugly.

You could buy another one, mod it madly then you have both of best worlds.

Looking forwards to seeing how you get on with compliance as I recently almost bought another cheap black series 3 while over in the UK until the sensible part of me said no, not today.

• 1 month later...

There would be no point putting up a build thread if i didnt intend to modify in some way to suit what im after from the car - All mods I have done can be reversed anytime to put it back to full original - There will be no camo near this car but maybe getting 13bt 300hp upgrade