kicker

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm assuming you mean thread.

Had to do this for Z as konis were 14mm and factory were 12mm.

No dramas,

If you are going to use S13/14/15 camber plates or whatever, they probably come with 14mm shock holder thingymabobs.

Again, No dramas,

Get this low.

Thanks

A pipe cutter also works mean to mark a straight line for you to slice with a grinder. Also a piece of paper wrapped around the shaft gives you a mean line to mark - the wider the bit of paper the straighter the line

Last time I rung up george stocks in auckland they had the correct shocks on the shelf etc. (koni rather than kyb) and they were around $110 each trade haha.

Last time I rung up george stocks in auckland they had the correct shocks on the shelf etc. (koni rather than kyb) and they were around $110 each trade haha.

Oh yeh. I think il stick with the vw ones, they are only $180 for the pair (monroe so no doubt not nop notch but I don't care). What part number have you got? Ive only got a monroe one for the N10 steez, haven't been able to find an alternative for other brands.

ah right. meh, ill stick with these.

next job, sweet talk manu to do some weldy weldy for me. wink wink nudge nudge.

While your all here, I was yarning to Joe aboutt his the other night, but whats the best way to figure where to stick the threaded sleeve? Just cur strut down to size and stick sleeve wherever the springs are captive? Or should I be running some numbers to figure shit out? (I know spring rates)

In my head it almost just makes sense to assemble everything and then position the sleeve so the springs are just captive with the nuts say 1/2 way up the sleeve to allow for adjustment up and down. I have keepers if needed as well.

assemble everything and then position the sleeve so the springs are just captive with the nuts say 1/2 way up the sleeve to allow for adjustment up and down.

This.

Means you can go max low if desired.

Mind you, if springs at middle thread and car still jacked, then you may need to go lower with the threads.

If you know what i mean.

hot