Beaver's WunTwennyWhy Coupe

kicker

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent to be able to get the frost plug you need on a weekend.  For all you can say to knock REPCO etc, I always remember to thank the staff for working on their weekends!  If they didn't us weekend mecchers would be shit outa luck.

were you tempted to replace the rest of the frost plugs while they motor was out and you had easy access?

keep up the great work, looking forward to hearing this with bike carbs on it!

Right, question time.

Went to chuck the driveshaft in and an into a bit of a speedbump.

It doesnt slide very far onto the gbox spline (around 2/3 to half of what it can). WHen it stops it feels like its just jamming (and then takes a bit of persuiasion to remove) rather than hitting something.

I chucked it on another gbox and it slides all the way home until the flange on the driveshaft actualy hits the gbox.

So i figured it must just be a bit of crap/build up on the splines stopping it from sliding all the way on? I cleaned out the driveshaft spline and lightly greased it but didnt really make a difference.

Any ideas on what to try next? Or should I just man up and try harder? Im 99% confident its no fouling on anything and its defintly not sliding on as much as it should.

Make sure there is nothing inside the spline of the driveshaft - like a bottle cap or something dopey. Those darn beerbottle caps end up in the cuntiest of places.

Edit - I just saw you have tried it in another gearbox - I'll pop up Friday on my way to Joes and take a geeze. About 7ish if you will be home.

Make sure there is nothing inside the spline of the driveshaft - like a bottle cap or something dopey. Those darn beerbottle caps end up in the cuntiest of places.

Edit - I just saw you have tried it in another gearbox - I'll pop up Friday on my way to Joes and take a geeze. About 7ish if you will be home.

yeh sounds good. I will try have another look tonight, make sure there is nothing obvious but yeh Im a bit stumped