Jump to content

SR ROLLA

Members
  • Content Count

    161
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

758 Excellent

1 Follower

About SR ROLLA

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Converted

  • Local Area
    Auckland

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Saw this parked outside the sparky's on the way home tonight. Looks so fucking good.
  2. Been driving lots. It's such a little car, it really looks tiny when parked next to even 'small' modern cars. Sailed through the warrant the other day, all good.
  3. I went along to Caffeine & Classics on the weekend with the GTO and BMX.
  4. And while those are getting tarted up I swapped on my even more nanna spec Galant hubcaps, just for a change.
  5. I also got another set of wheels, Enkei Mosports. Bigger diameter (14x6) with lower profile tyres = huge guard gap. I will give them a good polish up and 2 could do with new tyres, hopefully with some increased lowness they should look pretty good. I'm on the look out for another, single wheel in the same size (doesn't have to be a Mosport, because what are the chances of that) so I can have a spare wheel with the same rolling diameter, just in case.
  6. I've been driving the GTO a lot lately. Small tweaks to idle speed have made it a bit more manageable and I'm getting used to the hair-trigger throttle. Still stall a bit when low speed manoeuvring, so ideally the tune still needs some attention. I was in the Ellerslie Car Show a couple weeks back, along with 4 other GTOs
  7. Yeah, that would be awesome @DriveBy Cheers.
  8. Yeah, a bit more than that I reckon @dwlee – the ideal plan is: reset the leaves, then fine tune height in the rear with blocks (looks like you can't actually take much out of the leaves as they are a pretty shallow curve as it is). Then get coilover struts made up for the front. And yeah, replace all the bushes and so on at the same time too.
  9. Stripes back on. Should go much faster now. I'm only about 80% happy with them. They are quite a bit wider than the original, even though I gave them very precise measurements. The shape is mostly good, but not totally right and they have heaps of tiny air bubbles in them. Apparently, those should 'just go away' so we'll see. I think it does look better than without anything though. I've also been trying to find someone to sort the suspension but I seem to be having a hard time trying to get someone to take my money. It appears that if it's not an off-the-shelf job or a
  10. The GTO is getting its stripes put back on today, pretty keen to see how that comes out. Once I finished painting the car I decided to build an oldschool BMX as a companion piece. I got a cheap frame off TradeMe and set about collecting all the various bits and pieces from all over the internet. The frame was in pretty good nick, no damage, just some scrapes and scratches in the paint. A quick strip back and respray in GTO blue and it was looking all good. A few minor hiccups at assembly time but came together mostly pretty easily. Here she is:
  11. I have been driving this around a bunch and got it tuned up by some people who know what they are doing (possibly). Pretty happy with that. 110hp is up 10hp on the old set up. With a bit of welly it pulls noticeably harder than before and sounds absolutely glorious. When going for a bit of a zoom it feels like it really wants to go and go, love it. However, it is hard to start and when sitting still it runs like it is a gnat's dick away from stalling. If you give it a little blip on the gas it will splutter and almost die as it comes back down. It's nearly impossible to pull aw
  12. Fluids and filters changed, tank of gas, air in the tyres and off it went for a warrant. I was expecting there to be at least a few minor bugs. But nope. I'm all legal and good to go.
  13. So, I've been busy with lots of little jobs during the reassembly. Refurbing badges and fitting them, along with a fair few NOS ones too Lots of NOS lenses and lights Had to make up seals for some of them I found a really good plastic restoration product for pieces like the louvers And fitted them up While de-orange peeling I managed to sand through the clearcoat on the passenger door, was fuming. So I had to repaint that. Then it was time to get everything running nicely again so I can get back to dr
  14. Definitely @dwlee still a lot to do in terms of buffing and reassembly but it's so close now.
  15. After all manner of little set backs (and, to be honest, cock ups due to me not really knowing what I'm doing) I was starting to feel like this job was never going to be done and then all of a sudden, here we are. I have a blue car again. Managed to surprise myself by getting around the whole car with no major issues. The colour looks crazy different in bright light versus shade, it's very cool, I like it. The finish is a bit orange peely but I prefer fixing that to runs and there should be plenty of clear for me to cut that back and remove dust specks and whatnot
×
×
  • Create New...