toyota 3s-fe, non interference engine??

Seedy Al

hey Guys

So the dairy owner from across the road from me failed to heed my warnings ages ago about his cam belt, and yesterday it finally gave up on them

So question. is the 3sfe a non interefernce motor? So no bent valves??

I have alway thought they are but I would preer to here it from someone who knows LOKL

Chur bits

Funny you should bring this up, I have just done the same job today for the same reason, on a corona.

they don’t bend valves . and the belts tend to snap because the oil pump seal and housing seal leaking, and the oil makes the belt swell and in turn fuck out, so best to do all the seals and water pump if money permits . If you buy the cam belt kit it will come with seals tensioner idler and oil pump housing seal. Water pump is extra.

Funny you should bring this up, I have just done the same job today for the same reason, on a corona.

they don’t bend valves . and the belts tend to snap because the oil pump seal and housing seal leaking, and the oil makes the belt swell and in turn fuck out, so best to do all the seals and water pump if money permits . If you buy the cam belt kit it will come with seals tensioner idler and oil pump housing seal. Water pump is extra.

yeah have done a few cam belts on these and have always replaced the Oil pump seal, silly toyota.

Cam belt kits usually have them in as you said

And always do the water pump also, have a laugh when people dont and 10 000km later its leaking, if that.