HeyHoles Tin Toy RC conversion

oldnrusty

Just won this off evilbay. Its an 11 inch Impala in fairly rough shape but was pretty cheap and I wont feel so bad hacking it up.

Impala.jpg

Impala02.jpg

Impala03.jpg

Impala04.jpg

There is a mint in box one of the same/similar car there for $3,500US!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-BC-BANDAI-Japanese-CHEVROLET-IMPALA-cadillac-Sport-Car-Litho-Tin-Toy-w-Box-/130705548204?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D140816662804%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1228359594575190467#ht_7940wt_1398

Was going to buy this one if I missed out on the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Chevrolet-Chevelle-Bandai-Japan-Original-/320860499359?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab4c6ad9f#ht_500wt_1180

I want this van!

$T2eC16N,!ykE9s7tvVrzBQHtUqUu!Q~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!pwF!MDFKZWnBQHtUv6-lw~~60_3.JPG

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm,ive got an old tamiya"vanessa's lunchbox" body floating around as all the receiver gear gave up in the chassis(is OLDER than me,was my uncles).its an old GMC by the looks,wonder if i can find a new R/C car chassis and make brackets to to fit the van body for sacked pedo(bear) van spec toy,lol

Dam you guys suck now Im trolling through the auctions!

Im the opposite to you guys though I mad a chassis and need a body haha

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8658_o.jpg

Lunchboxes are wicked you can still get parts for them an Pro12/Tamiya M Chassis fit under.

its actually A Midnight Pumpking with "V.L" body.have priced up replacement servos etc,can get "hitech" which apparently is a tamiya knock off,full kit for around 140 @ acorn models,which is bloody tempting :)

its actually A Midnight Pumpking with "V.L" body.have priced up replacement servos etc,can get "hitech" which apparently is a tamiya knock off,full kit for around 140 @ acorn models,which is bloody tempting :)

Same chassis, I like the Pumpkin body better.

Go for one of the Futaba sets, There about the same price but shed tons better quality. Servos are $29 each and Radios $149 from HobbyCity. If you are in Aucks I coulda given you some dicount. Or just get a Cheap one of Trademe.

wow, had forgotten about the lunchbox and midnight pumpkin. iv always wanted a Baka beetle. local hobby store had one when I was very young- I hassled

t dad for it for months. when he finally gave in we went down and it had been sold. ended up with a quick drive jeep wrangler which was alllll good.

Same chassis, I like the Pumpkin body better.

Go for one of the Futaba sets, There about the same price but shed tons better quality. Servos are $29 each and Radios $149 from HobbyCity. If you are in Aucks I coulda given you some dicount. Or just get a Cheap one of Trademe.

im in chch so trademe would probably be the go for me :)