Slam Crank Pulley back to the engine.

LingLing

PS Brad those chunks missing are fine as long as there are no sharp edges hanging over the belt running area - which is normally not the case..

As long as he doesn't want to be Takumi and rev it to...

9GsgwQpj57c

But anyway, if you've got it on more than half way just do it up and torque it to spec.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put it for the 1st gear,with hand brake on. Tighten up till the car wants to move a bit.
Put it in 5th brother - the engine won't rotate as much and the car won't want to move. What are you using to tighten it?

You need at least a 400mm long power bar to get enough torque behind it to tighten sufficently...

Also 11000 rpm? Least of his problems would be chips in the pulley.. Although it would be hilarious as long as I wasn't paying the bill.. LOL

Yeh, forgot to mention, I have only used the ratchet to tight it up for Now. It's still loss.

But at least I should be safely move the car not driving on the road or anything.

I am going to borrow some OS GC Torque Wrench see if akl boys got one.

I would say the line.

Generally the keyway points to 12 o'clock when the engine is at TDC.

Looking at the pulley - the line is slightly clockwise to the keyway.

Knowing that on a 4AGE the timing marks on the timing cover are slightly off centre clockwise.

Then it makes sense that the line would be the timing mark..

The top picture is of the cambelt sprocket not your pulley...

If you haven't moved the cambelt then its irrelevant as its just gonna be the mark you see when you use the timing light.

Which is likely the indent as the line wouldnt be visible against the timing marks..

Kk sorry, got you confused, The Indent is at the back pulley the Line is at front pulley. I did use the the indent for timing a while back, which worked well.

DJZ that's a random picture.

Since, I am already here.Going to do the tensioner as well Shouldn't need to remove the timing belt(new).

I had good read the manual a bit.

All I need to do is make sure the engine is at the TDC, where all the cam and crank shaft marks line up. Mark the position between belt and cams.

Pull the thing out, new one in, torque it up. 4mm free play of the belt.

Keen to give it a good go.

There's a very simple check to make sure that you have the timing belt set right, you can't go wrong.

When you put the belt back on make sure that all your marks are in line (duh), then turn the engine over (twice on the crank pulley) by hand and watch as all the marks come into line again, if they don't, adjust the belt until they do.