Flibois moped cafe racer

BlownCorona

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So this has been running great, ran awesome up dyers pass, faster than most cars.

ran to work a couple of times.

ran a bit weird but okay to chrises last night,

ran a bit worse on the way to bike night

flooded or something and took ages to start after bike night and ran like shit all the way home

ran like shit to work

ran like shit home

mucked around at home, set the points gap (was actually fine to start with)

set spark plug gap.

mucked around with the carb a bit,

and now its just much worse.

what its doing, is its sounding like its misfiring, and not reving out fully. but sometimes can ease past the misfireing sound and get full rpms

sometimes its really lurchy, sometimes it runs great.

i know the battery is completly fucked, and i have a new one on its way, but this shouldnt cause all this would it?

i got the feeling maybe it was draining the float chamber, but after messing around with it today its much worse (maybe i still didnt set it right)

any ideas?

• 1 month later...

so i thought this bitch was running proper with the new points, but it ran like shit on the way to work today,

just went for a 10 minute hoon in the carpark on lunch and its running alright again.

what its doing it misfiring and bogging down when running shit, and when running well it will sometimes have a weak misfire, but otherwise pretty good.

what the fuck is causing this? perhaps needs a new condensor aswell? new points have allowed it to rev up higher but i still think its not getting up as high as it should.