Flibois moped cafe racer

BlownCorona

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

highly unlikely, but ill be going hard on it once the parts arrive, haven't ridden in far too long.

purchased

-new, slide, needle kit, spring, top hat.

-used coil

-engine sprocket

so if im right. i have all the parts i need to put this thing back together and doort around with 8hp.

• 2 weeks later...

My new parts arived for this,

Except instead of a slide needle set, i got sent a float needle set :( but i have plenty to get on with untill i really need the needle. should be able to get it sused with them this week.

Im sufficiently confused because the coil i got sent only has one wire, when i was expecting 2 + the spark plug lead.

as far as i can see, the points connect to earth, and the bolts on the coil will be earthed, where does the black wire from the coil go? to the battery? i really need to work it out for sure so i don't fry it, cause it was expensive :/

it looks like this, but is cream and made by denso (cant find any info with the part number though)

!Bv)buQQ!Wk~%24(KGrHqF,!icEv1%2Bz)ktmBMF8bgSTL!~~_35.JPG

i know you can use a points coil for cdi systems but im not sure on the logistics of using a cdi coil on points (if possible at all) but you would likely have to isolate the coil and have the points and cap wired to the core (the bolt holes)

if it worked im not sure how long the winding would last though

i have a battery ready, and i know how to build a rectifier for the ac charging system. so that should be fine for charging, ive deciphered the 1st wiring diagram you posted for my bike, but now this is the second supplier that has supplied be with a bullshit coil. how hard is this?

no way this coil can be used?