Flibois moped cafe racer

BlownCorona

So after the engine on my original Yamaha v50 cafe racer continuiosly blew its gearbox over and over agian, and not being able to find another engine to fit in, modified or not, i decided to rebuild the bike from the ground up.

dscf1316eo.jpg

dsc00473tl.jpg

i never had a project thread for that bike since it was little more than a few bolt on parts and a paint job, but this Honda seems like much more work

20120621150640.jpg

20120621150659.jpg

20120621150714.jpg

started with a Honda c50 frame from Dattochriswagon, and a Honda c90 engine that's been in my yard for years, with most of the cafe parts from the Yamaha.

My plans for the near future are to get the engine running (looking forward to roughly 8hp), and to spray it up in my traditional maroon paint. It will be wearing the plates from the Yamaha, so im going to need to shave all the Honda logos from everything, but i also want to try and re-rego it with an mr2b form and a made up chassis code + super confidence, since im pretty sure the lady behind the desk and create new regos with what ever number she needs to.

My plans for the slightly further future involve alot more turbo.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am pretty keen to try them out, i was intending on running hard tail to get it slammed (those shocks dont even fit and are just there so i can wheel it around), thought slam with comfort would be a bonus.

i also find if you smash off the heinous plastic covers you get stainless steel shocks and exposed springs and they look pretty sweet