Phils Rotaries or Rare Spares? Need some new door rubbers..

kiwi808

O.k. everyone I would like some feedback from people who have used either Phils Rotaries or Rare Spares replacement door rubbers please.

I know most of the Mazda owners out there reckon Phils Rotaries in Brsbane's replacement panels are shit. I have seen a pair of his front guards that were shit and wouldn't line up etc. But not heard anything about his replacement door rubbers.

I can buy left and right door rubbers for $110AUS posted to my home.

Or Rare Spares in Christchurch sell each door at $130 each so a set would cost me nearly $300 posted to me here in Dorkland.

Money isn't a problem. I would happily pay more for a superior product but really have no idea which ones I would go for. I want/need them to be as near as possible to the originals.

Has anyone out here used either companies door rubbers and have any advice to offere please? Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a phils rotaries door rubber set for an rx2 coupe where half of them were too short or wrong. Taiwanese crap.

Have you tried Mazda? I got s1 Rx7 rubbers and felt strips from there

This is what I want to avoid. Taiwanese carp. Will try Mazda tomorrow..

ive got my rubbers from rarespares. look good and fit well but are missing the lil tabs to stick to door.

This man speaks the truth... I got mine from there and they wouldnt stay on even with Ados as they have no clips... shit really.

Gaz

ive got my rubbers from rarespares. look good and fit well but are missing the lil tabs to stick to door.

This man speaks the truth... I got mine from there and they wouldnt stay on even with Ados as they have no clips... shit really.

Gaz

oh good im not the only one. currently have some tape holding the door rubbers on. but the main issue was the 323 hatch boot rubber. the boot didnt want to close afterwards! ive had to use a whole lot of washers to space everything out for it to close and lock but now the factory lines are upto wack.

I WILL NOT BE BUYING OFF OF THEM AGAIN!

rant over haha

Gaz

Could clips be removed from old door rubbers and fitted to Rare Spares sets or is there a design fault with these. Would be pissed if I spent $300 on door rubbers that wouldn't stay on..

Gaz

Could clips be removed from old door rubbers and fitted to Rare Spares sets or is there a design fault with these. Would be pissed if I spent $300 on door rubbers that wouldn't stay on..

dont have holes for clips or designed to add holes for clips. glue and rock'n'roll application i guess.

dont have holes for clips or designed to add holes for clips. glue and rock'n'roll application i guess.

Thanks for the heads up. Don't really want to 'Glue them on', that's not what Nana intended. Will look at option F.

Problem is they have all told me they are exactly the same as the originals. Yet the rare spares ones don't have clips or a way to fit them. Phils Rotaries ones have the clips but are shit and Scotts old rubbers don't answer the phone or answer e-mails.

And Mazda NZ are sick and tired of questions about 40 year old cars apparently.. :evil:

Is the down side of the mazda rotary.

thanks to the high number of knuckle draging, knumbnuts that own them, Mazda NZ don't have a hell of alot of patience for anyone asking questions about parts form them. ( can you imagine some of the calls they get ? :rolleyes: )

The best way, I've found, to get taken seriously when asking about parts is to have the part numbers for the parts your after.

This page should be helpfull :D

http://foxed.ca/index.php?page=rx7manual

I can't say if anything will be available though.

• Like 1