WTBorrow, Angle Grinder AKL

Was always told that growing up, the old man (a fitter turner)gave me a good slap round the ears one day for wearing gloves while grinding. glove gets caught around the chuck or whatever and makes a hell of a mess rather than a cut.

never wear gloves around steel cables either.. glove picks up a stray strand, hand gets pulled into winch/ block and tackle/ capstan.

Saw a guy get lifted 20 feet off the deck then lose his hand that way.

For a normal person usually it would be like

guy "Hi, I would like to borrow an angle grinder for a day"

os "just buy one tbh"

guy "k thnx"

and we all lived happily ever after with garlic bread

this thread is allready fucked,

so i grabbed some garlic bread on the way home,

currently enjoying it while listening to innapropriate dinnertime gangstaraps

there only 2 peices left, faark

thread is shit. re saftey gear though, after working with steel/welders/grinders/drillpress stz err day i am in the habit now of googles and muffs at all time while using power tools. its not hard to put it on and while you may seem manly using your safety squints, its nice to just be able to look at your work without the worry of shit in the eye. maybe its my constant use of loud shit all day errrr day but muffs are a god send. so nice not having the loud BAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR / WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRR / GZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ screaming in your ear. add earphones and Dre/radio and i could wear muffs all day if my welding helmet would fit over it.