anyone could help me with timing?

Hi, as you probably know I removed the distributor and screwed up the timing for the panda which is 4age engine.

I don't have the tools like timing light etc also have zero knowledge about the Job.

So if anyone in akl area could help me set up the timing that would be awesome.

I am bit broke at the moment but will get you a box of beer if that's ok.

thank you in advance

Andy

021 269 8650

line up the marks on the cam and dizzy and try it till it works. you cant really hurt anything and theres only about 3 possible positions it will slip into.

fuck i got my smallport running with a cam 180 out due to using the old owners timing marks and not checking it myself.

line up the marks on the cam and dizzy and try it till it works. you cant really hurt anything and theres only about 3 possible positions it will slip into.

fuck i got my smallport running with a cam 180 out due to using the old owners timing marks and not checking it myself.

this sounds easy. I will do some research and could do it I guess.

3 positions?

dizzy = distributor

youre either on the mark or one tooth forward or back.

put a socket on the crank and wind the engine till the camshaft on the side of the engine where the dizzy is (exhaust cam) has a small notch visible on it at the cambelt end of the motor.

this notch should be directly on the top at the correct position. you may need to pull that side of the rocker cover off to see properly. this wont hurt anything.

next get the dizzy and have both the small holes in line like this

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/ ... uild16.jpg

insert the dizzy in with the hole on top, it will try turn left or right.

simply let it turn as it slides in then bolt/ plug up and try it.

this will take a couple of goes. one you have it running you can rotate the dizzy slightly till it idles smoothly and then get a friend with a timing light to later confirm/ set the timing exactly for you. timing light flashes when the spark runs through lead/cyl number one and lets you line the spark timing up with the notch on the crank pulley.

this should do it.

il try find you a pic of the camshaft mark too. :D

*edited for poor english

tl;dr

does it drive? Find a timing light, come to my house and i'll do it.

I believe $tephen has one?

ok, I will get it started, and will get Stephen or you to help me to set the exact timing.

thank you ned.

also, The car runs on Mega squirt, would the normal diagnose port work?

oh, and download all of these http://www.aeu86.org/index/technical-ae ... topic=5158 and read stuff about timing etc.

Also look in there before posting to get a rough idea of what the problem is.

And if it doesn't go, i can come to you and do it if you have tools etc. Just see if you can borrow the timing light from Stephen (if he has one)