steelies MKII velo racer

Steelies

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of the engines on my bike are Morrison reel mower villiers and they came out with aluminium flywheels. I don't see any reason that the brass flywheel tapers would be any different to the tapers on an aluminium flywheel engine. So it should be easy to swap flywheels and do some tests?

yeah should be a straight forward swap. if i can find some good evidence that the brass ones are super sketchy i'll look into swapping. will jam a guard on anyway, if not just to ease the nerves.

chur for all the offers.

had a good drome meet yesterday, even if it was fraught with various bike issues. had 4 bikes out.

ended up doing 68kph on a bit-of-fuel-hose-jammed-in-emulsion-tube jet as i left my jets at home. fastest i've been at welly drome. having the gear shifter on the top tube made it sketchy to use.

running no jet had it 4-stroking on meth easily, so safe to say i can start winding fuel back from there?

I guess so. tho who knows what kinda weird shit goes on with no jet at all.

edit: also 68kph is like so 2012 spec. 2013 sub 100cc bikes go over 70kph now puhuhuhu. got keep up with developments steelies don't fall behind. This is like motogp

drome racing homie, gotta clock it up in the drome! i'm gaining on ya though, rot drome will provide better results methinks.

SAM_1851_zps74712041.jpg

new/old OG grips, gear shift on toip tube and maxxis miraco tires all round

SAM_1852_zpsfecaef8a.jpg

chillin in the heavy haulage vehicle. flywheel guard on

SAM_1853_zpsa55a440e.jpg

bigger final reduction than at dromageddon, yay more sketchy gear changes. moved chain side seat stay out for chain clearance. new rear guard and grips off mk1 slammer. look at that yuck exhaust pipe yuck!

• Like 2

che che.

yep bike front sprocket on the rear. take off crank. find friendly engineer to turn centre out to fit over a standard kick brake hub drive spigot. thats a gutted and welded solid sturmey hub on there, same sprocket fitment as normal old bmx brake hub with retaining clip etc.

weld 3 dots on inside of new sprocket bore to locate in the hubdrive spigot's slots. file to fit

put on, put clip on.

i've used this system for both velo bikes and slowly amassing a range of different sprockets to choose from.