Eunos Roadster of Initial D stance.

Furai

have a look at nb top hats cant remember now if they were shorter or longer then the na ones

Already using them on the front but the back has special tophats to keep the spring captive, otherwise I have to use a longer spring and it jacks it up heaps.

Found these.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=4537&parentid=0&stocknumber=13-59000

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right so got some Tophat spacers made up, 3mm thick and Waterjet cut. Got 12 made so I have some spare(Have only used 4), had to put 3 on drivers rear and one on passengers rear to get it about right.

So now the measurement is 310mm all around front and just over 320mm rear hub to fender. I think I want to lower the front a touch maybe 5-10mm as its not 100% to my liking(Will it ever be?).

Here are the spacers

248690_10200346944663103_1435348759_n.jpg

Side to side

530780_10200363552558290_492274274_n.jpg

543952_10200363552598291_594009497_n.jpg

Front

65863_10200363553038302_520940854_n.jpg

Rear looks awesome

12625_10200363552398286_849343292_n.jpg

To lower the front Im thinking either thin down the locator ring or try move the perch down...

SHUT BRO SNAPPED

So today I did the Sway bushes, feels a little better but I think I need bigger sways all around as the roll can be quite horrific.

Rolled one guard(Thanks Cole) but the other has bog in it so wont be touching that

Replaced my tail light I hit at the Drift day(Vid below) and got that in.

555844_10200581981938888_2123699505_n.jpg

Heres the before(Didnt take pics of the new taillight)

404543_479045425488731_444429716_n.jpg

Just did a compression test too, 175PSI, 175PSI, 185PSI, 175PSI. Not bad for a 200K motor...

And here is some footage from the Drift day on wednesday! Wall hit around 13:30 if thats all you want to see, not PG though

Been checking out an 1800 VVT Engine and 6-Speed for $2000, might be a better option than ITBS...

might be a better option than ITBS...

There is no better option than ITB's!

But I conceed, an 1800cc VVT engine might be a better option than ITB's if you are after a decent hike in power :P

So will that be 151bhp over a tired 115bhp not to mention more torque and an extra cog? Sounds pretty decent for $2000, considering that would barely get you an ecu (unless you go megasquirt).

I just picked up an ITP kit for a different engine brand new and it consists of the following;

Jenvey throttle bodies, plug and play ecu, full loom, all required sensors, coil pack, filter and backing plate with a preloaded map.

Maybe some other stuff I've forgotten, but it cost around $3500 and will take my engine from 150bhp to 180bhp.

So applying that logic to your engine for ITB's you'd spend nearly twice the money to get less gain. But the sound would be worth it, and if you threw cams at it and possibly bumped the compression up you'd probably be looking at around 150bhp on the 1600?

I had a 1800cc BP motor in my NA mx5 and i found it weaksauce. Craziest thing is i drove a 1600 and it smashed it in everything, acceleration, torque, general peppyness. The BP was just a lazy ass motor.

However i did not drive the vvti one. Is there anyway you can go for a thrash in one to see what its like?

Learning from my experiance smashing up my Trueno, you are better to invest in lock mods, suspension and diff before you mess with the motor. Keisuke destroys with a factory 4age in his 86 but his suspension/lock mods is off the chain. I however had no lock mods, and just adjustables (no extra caster, camber or even a rear sway bar) but an angry ass motor and my car missbehaved terribly and drove like a sack of crap, even tho i had the extra power i was yerning for.

It was my biggest regret throwing all that effort into the motor but scrimping on the suspension.

Good job on the skids btw, keep it up.

There is no better option than ITB's!

So will that be 151bhp over a tired 115bhp not to mention more torque and an extra cog? Sounds pretty decent for $2000, considering that would barely get you an ecu (unless you go megasquirt).

So applying that logic to your engine for ITB's you'd spend nearly twice the money to get less gain. But the sound would be worth it, and if you threw cams at it and possibly bumped the compression up you'd probably be looking at around 150bhp on the 1600?

Yeah ITBs are always the way, only thing is every single company or person I speak to says dont bother with the 1.6 and a low KMs 1600 from Japan is still about $1000 by the time shipping and thats on there, even though it would just drop in.

I had a 1800cc BP motor in my NA mx5 and i found it weaksauce. Craziest thing is i drove a 1600 and it smashed it in everything, acceleration, torque, general peppyness. The BP was just a lazy ass motor.

However i did not drive the vvti one. Is there anyway you can go for a thrash in one to see what its like?

It was my biggest regret throwing all that effort into the motor but scrimping on the suspension.

Good job on the skids btw, keep it up.

Many people have said to me the 1800 is much more powerful, I will have to find an NB to test drive because it comes with a 6-speed too(Which Im thinking about for the 1600 but wont bother if Im going to 1800 it since it comes with one) which closes up the gearing.

I have got quite a few mods already. Bilstein HDs revalved with 8Kg front and 6Kg rear Tein springs, new sway bushes all round(Looking at upgrading sways though),7" Torsen LSD from a 1.8 which has bigger Halfshafts and driveshaft, Beatrush PPF/Diff brace, iConcept Rack ends which give better lock and are stronger. Next on the list is Radiator, Rollbar and 1.8 Brakes.

So it has been all chassis mods so far. That is why Im thinking about power now!

Go C's Garage knuckles, max caster and big rear sway bar, Torsion LSDs loose there juice very quickly, try find a clutch type LSD or locker.

The torsions if u drop a wheel in the grass explode. Dan with the supercharged carina on here ran the torsions out of the altezzas as they fit in F series housings in xA6x IRS cars and he blew up a few of them. They would 'undo' themselves and detonate. Not very good for drifting but ok for 'track abuse'

The viscous lsd's in MX5s also loose their grip quickly once they get hot, and no matter what diff oil you run you cant make them stickier as they are a sealed throw away unit.

Also have you joined the mx5 drift forum? HEAPS of info there.

Go C's Garage knuckles, max caster and big rear sway bar, Torsion LSDs loose there juice very quickly, try find a clutch type LSD or locker.

The torsions if u drop a wheel in the grass explode. Dan with the supercharged carina on here ran the torsions out of the altezzas as they fit in F series housings in xA6x IRS cars and he blew up a few of them. They would 'undo' themselves and detonate. Not very good for drifting but ok for 'track abuse'

The viscous lsd's in MX5s also loose their grip quickly once they get hot, and no matter what diff oil you run you cant make them stickier as they are a sealed throw away unit.

Also have you joined the mx5 drift forum? HEAPS of info there.

The iConcept rack ends supply ample lock, I dont need super lock and dont have the power to hold heaps of angle. This is a second hand Torsen but Clutch type for these are hard to find or quite exspensive even in Japan.

I have dropped in the dirt with one wheel a few times(In the video I did too) and no issues, could be a combination of no power and an instinct to let off when falling though.

I dropped the viscous for this Torsen as its an inch bigger with bigger shafts all around and pretty cheap upgrade. The viscous was useless.

I joined Roadster drift a while ago but its a bit on the dead side. Good info and they have said to me Torsen is great as long as you dont pusssy foot it.

Only disadvantage I find with the Torsen is in the rain when you let off it unlocks making it a bit unstable(Handbrake solves this) I have yet to loose enough traction on one wheel to make it spin up.

It is the same centre as an S2000(Honda bought the diff off Mazda) so it can handle 250HP with ease I dont think there will be any issues. One of my mates has been drifting one in Japan for ages.

That and I have never heard or seen of any MX5 Torsen being blown.

Keisuke destroys with a factory 4age

thats because 4age horses are double as strong as normal horses. and kei is kicking the shit outa them.

The iConcept rack ends supply ample lock, I dont need super lock and dont have the power to hold heaps of angle.

dont need power for heaps of angle. more speed! more lock does make it easier and look like you can drive better. but also fells way more awesome when you are super crossed up. if you got it sused with not much lock will be walk in the park with heaps

• Like 1