Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy the TRD Race springs are not really designed for road use, and will require shorter shocks front & rear to remain captive & also shorter bumpstops.

You used to be able to buy TRD Street springs, they were the right length for standard shocks, and lowered the car about 30mm all around. Also spring rates more suitable for everyday driving. However they now only sell the front springs, the rears are discontinued.

as I mentioned in the building thread, would like to keep this car as factory as possible, so prefer Toyota Performance products rather than After market ones.

This car isn't in a hurry for anything,long long term mods/restoration project. so Take it nice and Slow.

And then sell me the TRD springs once you find some reasonable springs :wink:

As Rob said you'll need short shocks to keep the springs captive as the springs really control the ride height. I tried the same thing with my race car (although it was an ae82) still has same result. The springs control the ride height, and because i was a tight arse using custom springs which made the rear of the car sit about right it killed the TRD adjustable shocks in no time

And then sell me the TRD springs once you find some reasonable springs :wink:

As Rob said you'll need short shocks to keep the springs captive as the springs really control the ride height. I tried the same thing with my race car (although it was an ae82) still has same result. The springs control the ride height, and because i was a tight arse using custom springs which made the rear of the car sit about right it killed the TRD adjustable shocks in no time

you can have it any time if you want, Don't think I would ever put it on the silver grandfather, way too low. The springs are just old but good condition and uncut. 4.7kg for the rear.

was going to keep it if I get an ae85 as a beater.

Dell,

I have actually found the Receipt of the Pair of Bride Vios III Sport.

Purchased from:

http://www.fortyone.co.nz

$2470 Inculding Shipping From Japan. Fuck, I don't know If I want to sell The GENUINE Pair

But Pm me if you are serious, I will think about it.

Edit: There are seat bracket on the seats with Multiple holes for any seat rail.

The seats were straight bolt on to 86 factory rail, No Mods.

Right:

Few annoy bits not that worried but want to get them sorted sometime:

Speedo seems to be 7-10kms Higher reading than the actual Speed. Could it because I changed the The whole rear end? My rear end is supposed to/or maybe have 4.7778 final drive.

Does the speedo read from the Gear box? How Do I adjust it to normal?

Also, When I fill up the petrol tank, the Fuel Gauge has mind of it's own. It goes all over the places, from more than 1/2 way to dead zero. but after I drive 100kms, it seems to be just above 1/2 tank. Some sensor in the fuel tank faulty?

The speedo dive is in the gearbox, it is geared to match the rear end, if you changed ratios you will change the speedo reading. Different sized tyres will do this also.

The only real way to fix it is to either swap the speedo drive in the gearbox, but I doubt you will find a factory drive for a 4.7 diff. Or go to a speciality speedo shop and some guys can make up some kind of reduction box to make it work. Or who cares just use a GPS to figure out what speeds are actually 100/70/50 kph

Yes sender in the fuel tank is most likely the fault