Be4vers Toyota Rotorona

be4ver

It's got the headers coming off the engine in two pieces to the bottom of the fire wall then goes into 1 3" and then bends across to the passenger side and into a coby type thing then about half a foot to a big huge squareish muffler, over the diff and into the dumpy.

So I can probably just go to the engineers next to work and grab a few handfuls of stainless lathe droppings and shove inside one of the mufflers, probably the one closest to the engine?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's got the headers coming off the engine in two pieces to the bottom of the fire wall

Those are the primaries, they are very short. They should be merging under the drivers seat, there maximum length should be under 36 inches. Often they are so long that two coby type mufflers make up the last 15 inches.

then goes into 1 3"

That's to large for a 12a, it should 2 1/4 -to- 2.5", the 3 inch will just drone and slow the exhaust gases

and then bends across to the passenger side

why ?

and into a coby type thing

how long ?

then about half a foot to a big huge squareish muffler,

single pass, twin pass ? triple pass ?

over the diff and into the dumpy.

Is the dumpy glass packed or stainless packed ?

My suggestion would be pack the dumpy with stainless lathe droppings and some sort of wire cage to hold it in there. Get a cert, and re-thick it all.

So I can probably just go to the engineers next to work and grab a few handfuls of stainless lathe droppings and shove inside one of the mufflers, probably the one closest to the engine?

nah, the dumpy is fucking out, it's probably glass packed, and a POS, if you want to save it, cut it open, pull the pink batts out, toss them, and re-pack with stainless lathe turds.

Woah! Questions!

It's got the headers coming off the engine in two pieces to the bottom of the fire wall

Those are the primaries, they are very short. They should be merging under the drivers seat, there maximum length should be under 36 inches. Often they are so long that two coby type mufflers make up the last 15 inches. couldn't do this as it woulda ended up having to cross over under the gearbox, or having it stay on the drivers side would end up pretty low

then goes into 1 3"

That's to large for a 12a, it should 2 1/4 -to- 2.5", the 3 inch will just drone and slow the exhaust gases

and then bends across to the passenger side

why ? No room on the drivers side to run the exhaust

and into a coby type thing

how long ? About 20 inch long off the top of my head

then about half a foot to a big huge squareish muffler,

single pass, twin pass ? triple pass ?No idea

over the diff and into the dumpy.

Is the dumpy glass packed or stainless packed ? Once again no idea

My suggestion would be pack the dumpy with stainless lathe droppings and some sort of wire cage to hold it in there. Get a cert, and re-thick it all.

nah, the dumpy is fucking out, it's probably glass packed, and a POS, if you want to save it, cut it open, pull the pink batts out, toss them, and re-pack with stainless lathe turds.

Will talk to the fella who made it all up for me and see what the shits all made of etc. I like the idea of just removing the dumpy as opposed to anything else under there

just my opinion. ...

had a think, made a coffee, came back, asked the wife, .. we both agree the first ones are too modern, the second option doesnt suit the body shape,

Its the Longchamps, but we think it would better with the mag on the bottom left and mid right (back ground) of this image.

217304696_full.jpg

but with a bigger dish, and serious polish.

These look cool.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 174117.htm

229244440_full.jpg

I know from having had a set of these, they are good mags.,

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 560792.htm

213803469_full.jpg

was taking the piss mate :lol: .i like the mesh look to be honest,but if you insist on 22s......................................................... :lol:

does look good with longchamps too,but im sick of seeing them to be honest,much like Ky is sick of mesh,lol

looks like longchamps are the clear winners. yeah sorry nigel those wheels aren't exactly my cup of tea so to speak :pukeright:

Chrome spinners then ?

ive seen spinners for use with steel wheels, the slot on over the wheel studs and bolt on with the whole wheel. way too well engineered for something so heinous :lol:

edit, though super wide steelies with spinner deep in them, all painted matte black would be lol

14x7 and 14x8 0 offset and 185 60 tyres all round

yeah im pretty keen to see what they look like on the ex. ive tried 15x8s on it and the back just squeezed in with stretched tyres so it'll be a pretty tight fit with these tyres i think. The front stuck out a heap with the 8" so will be interesting to see how 7" wide fit in there. i'll put some pic up in the thread when i ever get round to it