Be4vers Toyota Rotorona

be4ver

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope no return line, mines running the 2000cc toyota engine and its got a weber carb with the single line fitting on it.

does the rotory need a return line? because im sure it would be easy enough to put in.

also those ex plastics in the boot look mint, gonna have to keep an eye out as they would just top my boot setup off perfectly!

you dont happen to have a spare fuel flap do you?? the last part i need :bounce:

The carb on the rotary has a return line there but some people just block it off, i would have thought that would flood it/ run rich constantly tho?

i pulled the return line out of my ex i'm wrecking and half jammed it in there. looks like it will work but i will have to make a new hole in the tank which i don't really wanna do. not sure what i'll do yet. need to do some more research i think.

nah no fuel flap sorry man, got no spare parts for it at all unfortunately.

haha yeah i've already thought about making up a rotorona badge, just dont want it to end up looking all budgo n poos.

how do ya think these will look on the corona? with black centers! found them today. massive bargin!

dsc02443gf.jpg

dsc02441mq.jpg

Wicked little car- needs 13" wheels.... :D

As long as you keep the pressure going into the Nikki below 4 psi you should be ok. Thats all the pressure they need. Anymore and it will flood.

But if you need to you could run a return back into boot and add a little pipe into the fuel gauge sender unit- so saving having to muck around with fuel tanks.

Make sure the fuel line to engine is at least 8mm.

I'd just block the return outlet on carb off and install a decent fuel pressure reg. What fuel pump have you got?

Just keep that pressure down. The nikki carb i had on the RX3, on a series 3 rx7 engine, ran well with a little facet fuel pump. The flow was more than enough and pressure was about 3.5 psi. Much more and the float needle will get forced open and start flooding. I think the return is there so the pump is not working so hard against a closed needle. But some pumps are fine with that.

I'm running a carter pump with no return and I can hear it when the chamber is full. I think the pump needs fuel running through it to keep it cool but as soon as the engine is running its cycling fine.

Ask on Ausrotary as plenty of knowledge/experience on there.

It would be worth popping the top off the carb, turn it upside down and double check the float heights as this affects the running quite a bit. With the car level and the engine is running the fuel height should be half way up the sight glass on the carb.