Be4vers Toyota Rotorona

be4ver

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The requirement for the attachment of a driveshaft safety loop is for not less than two fasteners, of not less than 10 mm (3/8”) per side.

Where it is not practicable to attach a drive-shaft safety loop to a chassis or sub-frame rail, or rigid cross-member, it should be attached to the vehicle floor using doubler plates which have a minimum mating area of 3000 square mm, and are as close to square as can be practically achieved.

Read more: http://lvvta.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... z20mZr3YbL

thats not a bad list mate. custom nolathane mounts? looks like a leaf spring eye bush to me, what a croc of shit. try bnt you can all different heights so no biggie. if you cant get ya speedo calibrated easily put the right sized wheels on (borrow may be) and the rest of the list looks pretty simple. good luck. or here may be. http://www.hancock.net.nz/

Not a tough list at all. You'll have it sorted in no time then it's all good 8)

I got a pair of decent harder than stock but not bone shaking mounts from repco. $60 the pair. Popular size/ shape with many rotary builders. Similar to cortina ones? Made by kelpro...

mt8152n.jpg

ive got 2" blocks in mine to keep it legal, but i think it may have had the springs reset too, since they sit completley flat.

ive also tried 3 speeds in mine and none of them are accurate (with the right kinda wheels, and all 3 were different) :lol: its gonna be pretty hard to get right

23ac001.jpg

Mount shop in CHCH has those listed for a mercedes, think you can buy direct from them or order through partsmaster

cheers for that man!

ive got 2" blocks in mine to keep it legal, but i think it may have had the springs reset too, since they sit completley flat.

ive also tried 3 speeds in mine and none of them are accurate (with the right kinda wheels, and all 3 were different) :lol: its gonna be pretty hard to get right

oh ok, yeah i put 2" blocks in but the leafs are definitely not sitting flat, and its fucking bouncy in the back now haha.

i'll hopefully just send my speedo and speedo drive away to get calibrated, theres a place in chch that i think can do it. will have to give them a call on monday and inquire

Ya wouldn't have a part number for those would ya? Went to repco but the girl there couldn't find them in the book

Na sorry- I cant remember the part code. Ask send prozac a message as he helped finds them for me. I'm pretty sure they are listed for cortinas but are very popular with wankle fans as they are hard enough without being to bone shaking and fit in nice.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I've had this a few times, the packing in the muffler becomes less effective, pretty fast too. It does settle down and not get much louder after a certain point.

What is the design of the system ? 105db is hearing damage level.

In the old days we used to run the primary (headers) to under the drivers seat, then combine them, have a nice long coby type, then a turbo flow type, then a barrel muffler (ya'll call em a dumpy now)

My 12a bp was set up like that, it was fairly quiet, rev'd insane made great power.

if all you wanna is pass just stuff stainless wool in the dumpy, you should be able to get it from an engineer shop, it's the waste product from a mill or lathe.

Rotaries eat glass packed mufflers, my series 4 did one in in about 200k's :lol: Get a stainless wool packed one, you'll have no dramas. Think motorbike shops sell it for repacking 2 stroke mufflers.

yeah they do, you can only use metal wool (e.g. lathe waste) packed on rotaries.