Oldschool family day Somewhere in Aucks?

crazytim

Any of you's have kids and get a bit of heat for having your selfish oldschool car that the family doesn't get much/any use from yet you continue to pour funds into...

Been thinking of a way to combine being a dad with my rusty old cars and was thinking maybe a meet in the summer with other families at a park someplace would be in order... Bit of good old days type entertainment such as football/cricket/volleyball, playground, picnic/BBQ, getting to know other GC's with small peeps... if this doesn't sound altogether boring register interest and perhaps it shall happen...

My biggest problem is I don't have anything old and legal with more than 2 seats but I'm getting close... have a 2yr old and 7yr old, both girls and they love daddys cars, even the ones that don't go. Actually especially the ones that don't go.

Anyway just floating the idea... shoot it down or prop it up.

Churr!

OK sounds like some good old fashioned family summer fun is on the cards then.

BTW doesn't have to be peeps with kids only... just those who can tolerate other peoples kids at the very least... or perhaps couples thinking of making small people... (we may make them see sense!! :lol: )just be good to be able to incl the tribe in this type of activity (smelly old car ownership) its even got me thinking of selling something to buy something bigger for roadies etc... though a family of 4 can just squeeze into one of my cars, as long as its one that has a back seat!

• 2 months later...

Could be keen, just dont like dogs being around my little guy. It stresses me out worrying what if they jumped on him or bit him. He cannot defend himself. Nothing against dogs. Its just me being a over protective dad.

That probably rules out any park in the city then Andrew. Perhaps a beach. Most in aucks are no dogs between 10am and 7pm this side of daylight savings (dogs also arent supposed to be within 10m of a playground, but that doesn't always happen, especially when the exit/entrance paths are closer than that). Just pick one without an adjacent park and you should be all good. Kids love sand right?

Could be keen, just dont like dogs being around my little guy. It stresses me out worrying what if they jumped on him or bit him. He cannot defend himself. Nothing against dogs. Its just me being a over protective dad.

don't worry andrew, I will be there.( you might not get this joke, but some of the people here might do lol)

Never be sorry for spam!

This doesn't have to be just peeps with kids either... if theres enough miniature oldschoolers and yal are prepared to come to a park near me mite jack up free pony rides via my lubbly wifey lady...

Anyway have plenty of warm weather to come, register interest if keen and will lock shit down.

Failing that will just keep taking the girls for hoons in the Chuv, they both loved it even with the motorway cruising speed drone... daddys gurls