Minimum rotor thickness for R32 GTR calipers

zep

I need to grab them and see how they look next to the VT calipers. One of the main reasons I want to change is that the current setup has made me need to reduce the steering lock as the calipers hit the lower arms.

Machining material off the mating surfaces in the middle of the caliper would bring the two halves closer together in other words they'd be narrower in the middle.

I have done this before to some willwoods. Just need to make sure to remachine the o ring grooves right and you're away laughing.

Do the gtr calipers have longer mounts on them to accomodate the larger rotor? This is what prevented me from using some of them on my capri as I couldnt physically fit them between the strut and the wheel.

I cant see the point.

GTR brakes are no doubt popular for other non GTR skylines (which have narrower calipers) so why not just buy the GTR ones, then swap?

Might get some cash difference your way, as opposed to paying for machining to get them narrowed down to the same thing,.

Do the gtr calipers have longer mounts on them to accomodate the larger rotor? This is what prevented me from using some of them on my capri as I couldnt physically fit them between the strut and the wheel.

Yes they do, so do the R33 GTS25-t calipers.

I do like the buy the GTR ones then swap option, that's nice and easy but it depends if you are running adaptor plates or not (which you probably are unless you have 100mm caliper bolt spacing) that will decide which caliper you get. As I said I'm pretty sure the R33 25t & R32 GTR ones are the same. R32 ones have shorter mounting tabs as they are made for smaller OD rotors.