MG Classic at Manfeild (formerly Whittaker's): 12-13 Nov.

Shaz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sweet!

My dad and I have been building a mustang for GTRNZ for the last few years. It should be a reasonably competitive GT2 car.

We were going to try and get it into whittakers but we just aren't quite ready yet. Planning to run it at the Taupo round end of Jan

I'm getting tempted to come up for the full weekend now. I wanted to hit the Beastwars gig in Wellington on Saturday night but I have a feeling that this will lead to spending far too much money, an epic hangover and not wanting to get up early and drive to Feilding on Sunday morning. Potentially a bad move.

Missed this bit - but I think this is a good idea..

Oh sweet!

My dad and I have been building a mustang for GTRNZ for the last few years. It should be a reasonably competitive GT2 car.

We were going to try and get it into whittakers but we just aren't quite ready yet. Planning to run it at the Taupo round end of Jan

Grand! I need to get my ass to to Taupo to watch a round again soon. It's been ages.

I'm getting tempted to come up for the full weekend now. I wanted to hit the Beastwars gig in Wellington on Saturday night but I have a feeling that this will lead to spending far too much money, an epic hangover and not wanting to get up early and drive to Feilding on Sunday morning. Potentially a bad move.

Missed this bit - but I think this is a good idea..

I shall have a spare seat for you in which ever vehicle I decide to take.

deal

Anglia - more pics/details of Roush Muzzie please..

Ok but only coz I love to talk about it :lol:

Started life as a 95 v6 automagic in silver.

was initially going to be a club race car with a 302w and t5 :lol::lol:

But then we came across the rousch gear and it all went downhill pretty quick.

The engine/gearbox/drysump etc is all from an ex-Rousch Fenway Nascar team, the history we have been told is that it was a spare engine that didn't get used much. Apparently the team put it into one of their Nationwide Truck Series pickup trucks and picked up a land speed record at Bonneville.

Since then the engine has been altered a bit by us, different cam to bring the rev range back down to earth, lower comp pistons (was 15:1!!! Fuel was going to be insanely expensive) etc. Made 640hp @7500 on skuzzy little street car headers (ours didn't fit around the dyno).

Gearbox is a Jericho 4 speed. Diff is a Moser (I think) fully floating 9" dealio converted to a 3 link plus watts

6 pot willwoods front

4 pot rear

Maximum motorsports Tubular front K-member and arms bunch of Steeda performance suspension goodies as well.

Pretty full on cage blah blah etc etc the fun stuff is two paragraphs that way ^

Its all running now anyway, has been driven and had its wheel alignments and all that jaz done. Just needs a radiator catch can, fuel ring drain hose and sign writing.

Will try and hunt out moar photos when I get home

DSC_0226.jpg

z_uGo1ZeAkI