4x800w amp?

mad_max

Will be 3200w, but don't expect it to actually put out anywhere near 3200w!!

Powervox among a couple of other cheap brands do 3200w 4 channel amps, think there is/was a couple of other brands that did decent class A/B amps in that range, but they are big and built like a brick shit house!

Throw up a couple of photos and someone might be able to identify it.

Or open it and see what it says on the boards, might be able to id it that way.

Technical Details:

============

OUTPUT POWER (MAX): 3200W (800W x 4 @ 4 Ohms)

OUTPUT POWER Bridgeable @4Ohms x2

OUTPUT POWER RMS: 240W (60Wx4 @ 4 Ohms)

So its really a 240w amp :wink:

They seem to sell for around $180 new.

I'd be willing to bet my left gonad it wouldn't even be putting out half the RMS IRL.

Power ratings on speakers and the way people rank them as such have always bemused me anyway, it's not generally a good indication of how it will go. It's merely how much power it will handle before it shits itself.

Sensitivity and frequency response are the key pointers to how a speaker will perform.

Power ratings on speakers and the way people rank them as such have always bemused me anyway, it's not generally a good indication of how it will go. It's merely how much power it will handle before it shits itself.

QFT. I love seeing the mega spec'd amps for sale on Tardme that 'pump da mad beatz bru', that only have a single 10/15 amp fuse. I've got an old Alpine 3566 6-channel that's only rated at 240w RMS, yet has 2 x 25 amp fuses.

They sure don't make them like they used to :rolleyes:

Everyone says the older amps are better unless you pay alot for a good new 1. I have an old sony 500w amp and I use it for most of my sounds, Its much easier to tune, etc. Can make it sound how you like without having to do it on the back with a screwdriver, Has big nobs on the top