Big diff little breaks?

Kelvin

I'm looking for a new diff to put into my Capella but would like to keep it on 13'' wheels so it will need to ether have small breaks or be easy to convert to a smaller break set up. I was thinking ether Hilux or Estima but I will also need to re drill the axles to 4x110 and am not sure if I can do this with axles that are 5x114.

Any help/advice would be great.

Cheers.

you cant redrill to 4X110 without filling one of the holes, just had a quick play in CAD to check it out

Shoud be able to fit a 13" over ae92 etc brakes? they are pretty small and used in allot of hilux conversions, will depend on calliper clearence to the rim face I guess

yeh run that setup on kp and 85. s13 rotor 4x 114.3 so you'd have to redrill for 110 but no big deal. made brackets from 6mm plate, that bolt to the hilux case then back to caliper. machined some round spacers to go between the 6mm plate and caliper to get the correct offset. i think they were 11mm from memory. cant find i pic of the brackets. but can try get one if you want.

you will have to machine the axles to make the rotors fit over them. just how much, depends what the diff is out of. 4wd ones need more machining i can say that much.

should get them under your rims since running low offset, might be close tho!

Yea pics would be great cheers man, also I take it you run the s13 hand break set up with the small drum break inside the diff? If so was this hard to set up around the hilux diff at all?

Il be running standard 13'' steel wheels most of the time but ill be shortening the diff a bit to fit the 13x9''s so will be able to add some spacers to help the stocky's clear the calipers.

half the reason they use the ae92/101/111 etc callipers is they are built in hand brake calipers, makes things easy

Thats awsome, cheers bro I never knew that.

Also thanks heaps for the pics Kpr, you make it all look so easy haha.

Also it a long shot but ive got a few s14 rear ends at work, would you have any idear if the disks are the same as the s13 ones?

Cheers

I don't know Nissan's to well my self but they seem to chop and change a bit, we got two s14 face lift non turbo autos at work one is four stud and one is five so go figger haha.

Have been trying 13'' wheels on the back of one of the s14s and alloys fit mint but steel wheels hit on the caliper. Will find some ae92/101/111 etc calipers and compare them with the Silvia ones to see if there any slimmer.

Cheers again guys for all the help.

OSC has a hilux diff & is running 13x7 minilights.

Think he used AE101 discs & calipers.

Give him a PM, he will be able to tell you what he used & how much it cost.

/Use a Series 3 rear end with a Mazdaspeed 2 way & snap axles instead.

the problem with using the corolla rotors as well. is you have to machine the axles down too far, to fit the rotors over. then there isnt enough meat in the flange .. to drill the stud pattern. possibly ok with 110 though