caught some clowns trying to thieve my shit

barf

two idiots are about to be apprehended for thinking that seeing a mint TA63 and S12 was an invitation to take my stuff.

they made a lame getaway in a red/maroon Diesel Nissan Terrano 1996

plate no. BEC355

6ft tall light build caucasian male

wearing a light-grey beanie with stripes which had ear flaps with tails.

the cop knew exactly who they were when i described them. thief fail.

i must say, the police response was good (2 minutes), which is in stark contrast to my experiences of discrimination for driving old, well-maintained cars...

So normally they wait several hours/days/weeks before pulling you over and popping over to your place and giving you a ticket.. lucky devil....

Usually if it's a robbery in progress / intruders on your property / in your house they respond that fast.

2 years ago my house was broken into while I was asleep home alone. Woke up to find 3 natives in my lounge taxing mine & my flatmates shit. Cops caught them within 15 minutes of me chasing them off the property.

So normally they wait several hours/days/weeks before pulling you over and popping over to your place and giving you a ticket.. lucky devil....

i have been threatened with violence by some P fiend in a road rage incident and the cops refused to fucking do anything and let the guy go. fuck you if you think sarcasm is funny. you think i joke about discrimination?

You said the cops discriminated against you cos you owned an old car and you drew attention that there was a contrast to the length of time it took them to react.

I don't see how the P-heads road rage relates to you driving an old car - nor the time it took them to react relates to the fact they let the guy go...

Looks like someone needed to use this as an excuse to get on their soap box about how cops supposedly discriminate against them.

I've owned old cars for a long time and I have NEVER been discriminated against by a cop because of it.

I have been pulled over and fined cos I did dumb things but fairs fair.

Sometimes if it smells like a cock, looks like a cock and chucks jizz all over your shirt collar - then pretty good chance - its a cock...

TLDR k-trips, get a clue.

i took legitimate concerns from the community to the IPCA, then select committee and objected to the new 'boy racer' laws.

the cops called back and a 16 and 17 yr old both got locked up.

good work NZ Police.

I've owned old cars for a long time and I have NEVER been discriminated against by a cop because of it.

looks like someone else decided to use this as an excuse to get on a soapbox too...

if this is truly the case that you've never been unfairly detained or bothered by the police during your years of old car ownership then you are indeed a lucky chap.

most cops are gc's. treat them politely and they'll return the favour.

the few that don't give the rest a bad name... i'm talking the ones who keep me waiting 25mins (i timed it) on the side of the road when my car is reg'd and wof'd and my licence is legit.

the ones who try to green sticker my 1979 car for not having high stop-light.

the dipshits who ignore a ute with a dangerously unsecured load while they fine me $30 for doing 106kmph in a 100kmph zone. i'm not saying the speeding fine wasn't warrented - but realistically which is more of a danger to other motorists?

its great you've "grown up" and decided that the police are awesome guys, but unfortunately reality ain't ever black and white and to claim that police don't treat people differently based on their "profiling" is a pretty bold claim.

looks like someone else decided to use this as an excuse to get on a soapbox too... blah blah wah wah

I'm wrong - you're right - thread over.

Thank you Wisconsin.

(I don't mean you Beave - cos you're always wrong and I'm always right.. LOL)

you're always wrong and I'm always right.. LOL

all good dude.

i understand that its easier for you to retain your narrow world view when you're not forced to defend your position :)

nope, but chances are like most weirdos on the internet he's not as bad in real life.

we have been involved in internet scraps previously over boyracer legislation and police discrimination against "boyracers" - a group which for some cops can include anyone under 30 in a car thats older than 10 years.

basically i find him taking offence to the suggestion that police aren't always entirely fair when it comes to dealing with "young" people in cars pretty retarded.

the cops do a great job, and we'd be fucked without them. but it doesn't mean that they don't sometimes screw up and make bad calls. to say the police don't treat segments of society differently from others flies in the face of both my personal experience and historical record.