Painting matte

danger

Wanna do my pontiac satin black.

Guess options are black base with matte clear (fuckround)

2k black with matte agent (cant sit around mixed up or it seperates)

Either of these options will be a bit of a fuckround considering I wanna paint in stages as its huge.

Was thinking bout spraying 2k gloss black with GP instead of appropriate 2k thinner to dull gloss then giving a wet rub all over with 600? Any reason why this wouldn't turn out nicely and last?

It will not look very even if you get the matte finish by sanding, but it will be dull and reversible (i.e. when you want it gloss just buff it). Dunno about using GP thinners but.

I don't recall the flattening agent separating last time I used it either, but it was a while ago

you will get the best result from the flattened clear over the black base

Flat 2k never comes out as well as expected I find, I guess that paint KK has pointed out above is a Laquer based paint, shits old school now but it does give a good finish and is fairly durable (plus its cheap as shit).

Also you know better than to use primer as suggested above

I have a satin black non-porous primer that is the the goods for doing such things, I forget what brand it is but I'll find out where the fuck I put it and let you know if you like. The good thing about it being a primer is that if you get bored of the satin you can dust over in whatever colour you like.

Edit: That said, K-trips product is the biz.

Serously fuck primer! a flattened laquer top coat is a minimum, even the non porus primer stuff is a shit top coat, UV fucks it eventually and it will end up looking ratty and crap over time. A laquer will last years, be easy to clean and is just as easy to paint over as a primer

But anyway satin clear will give the best look and durability combo