Where to start with nolathane bushes?

Ridal

Ok thanks I think I'll do them first as I'm changing lower control arms anyway so all that assembly will be dismantled. Do you know what I could expect to pay for all of those bushed in nolathane?

Christchurch. As I mentioned above, all those suspension bits are coming out so it would be an ideal opportunity to do the upgrade. Does the price vary as to how common the bush size is? I'd imagine the ones I would be using would be reasonably common?

What car is this in? My rubber ones have most probably never been replaced so I would think anything new would be an improvement. Thanks for the input. It would be interesting to compare new rubber to new nolathane. I imagine most people especially on this forum would be replacing old, tired factory bushes so, as in my case, anything would be felt as an improvement. But I like the sound of crisp handling and nolathane certainly have the stiffness. Did your nolathane bushes get sloppy?

Nah, they didn't get sloppy, they just wore ovals in the centre bores of the steering components of my race car, most other people's race cars and other things that move. That allows play and makes life suck.

I had issues with nolathane in leaf spring eye bushes too, but not as severe as the steering component wear.

Rubber is really good. Seriously. Having said that, we often can't buy rubber bushes for our old cars so you may be forced into nolathane. My experiences are with the genuine, red, nolathane that was sold everywhere about eight-ten years ago. The new alternatives might be better. Dunno.

Im in the process of binning all the nolathane i put into my wagon 2 years ago. It was the genuine red stuff from autolign.

The front LCA bushes pulled through the mount on one side. They also creaked like a bitch so had to be re-greased every 9 months. My front sway bar bushes have just started creaking again so ill be changing those out for factory ones soon.

Only place ive used nolathane with success was in the steering rack mounts, and thats just cos the factory ones arent quite grippy enough. Ill also be using them for my rear diff mounts since that joint experiences no movement.

Might be good stuff for a race car, but when subjected to daily k's it just doesnt seem to last. Ive had exactly the same problems UJ described with my rear sway bar bushes wearing into oval shaped holes.

In the front of a carina, all that I would reccomend putting nolathane in is the front of the castor arms, the swaybar drop links, swaybar bushes, steering rack mount bushes.

Not sure about leaf spring, but for the 4 link rear it'll bind up if you use nolathane.

They will happily manufacture and sell things that cause your suspension to bind up, or wear out prematurely, or whatever else.

Dont assume they've put any thought into whether or not urethane is appropriate compared to rubber, demand = supply.

I've done a bit of reading online and it seems everyone has had troubles with nolathane/noltec/whiteline/rose joints. So I'll talk to Autoline soon and see what they have to say. Thanks for that advice Roman. I get pretty bad axle tramp at the moment so maybe stiffer mounts will help out?

So far, done 11,000k's of daily driving with the entire front end of my Levin Nolathaned, no ovalisation/excess wear. Might get it on the hoist and regrease them at some stage, but they still appear to have plenty there. Have seen them wear out before, but generally the bush is dead dry so possibly a case of not enough grease applied at install?

My KE70 wagon has had nolathane swaybar mounts and links for about 5 years now, they're fine. Admittedly it hasnt been in daily duties that entire time, but I would estimate it would have done 20,000k's