Removing old tints

rxtoy

Did a quick search, couldn't find anything.

Got some purple bubbled up crappy old tints on my crown, tried starting from a corner but its coming off real tough and crumbling rather than peeling. Any easy way to get it off?

Cheeeeeeeers

Matt

Screw all the fucking about, get a razor blade and just cut it all off. If there's some on the rear window then maybe bother with getting it warm to peel it, otherwise who gives a fuck. Once you've got the tint off some thinners/acetone or the like should remove the residue fairly easily.

Screw all the fucking about, get a razor blade and just cut it all off. If there's some on the rear window then maybe bother with getting it warm to peel it, otherwise who gives a fuck. Once you've got the tint off some thinners/acetone or the like should remove the residue fairly easily.

Normal razor blades will probably scratch the glass so be careful. De-solv it sounds like the best option as its easy to get. If you are able to spray the adhesive and then cover it again, this will give the best result of breaking down the glues.

Tinters use a softer blade and soapy water for glass with out heater lines. There is some thing else but the name avoids me atm.

Done this many times on customers cars when I worked along side a tinter.

if its real gay cheap and old water wont work

if you feel like taking the windows out then thinners melt them away nicely but if you dont take them out it will melt kill destroy your interior panels

It is real gay, cheap and old. Will try the heat gun, or remove and thinners as the backup plan.

Cheers for the replies

Matt