Old Mans GT-4 Celica

NicT

I guess it could be an oldschool car but i like the format of people just commenting on the project thread as i wont regularly update this as often as i would my own car but people might like to see it for interests sakes.

This is the old mans ST165 GT-4 Celica.

He has owned it since i was 10 years old, blown up 3 motors in it, sold it to my uncle for 5 years where it ended up in a field with cows before being towed 300km behind his ST205 before being stripped down and rebuilt to what you see today.

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Car had a factory CT20b on engine running factory boost when it ran 162kwatw about a year ago.

He cracked the block at hampton downs (which turned out to be a factory defect) so rebuilt a new motor which is what is in the pictures.

Engine has

HKS Cams

HKS Valve springs

HKS Cam Gears

Port and polished head

TRD Headgasket

JE Pistons

Carillo H beam rods

Machined and balanced assembly

GT3076RS Turbo

Car has full ST205 running gear, mehanical lsd front and rear, ST205 4 pot calipers and 300+mm Rotors (dont know exact dimensions).

He frequently hits hampton downs when the car runs.

Cool car tho, definately sticks like shit to a blanket

funking beutifal,

so rare these cars these days, i know of 3 others floating around, none are legal, one has had 1/4 of it chopped out (bent chasis rail)and replaced with a 1uz sitting in it now.

would love to have one built from the ground up with st205 running gear in it.

looking good, did you do any more investigation as to where the rest of the horsepowers are hiding?

Engines had a cracked block for an unknown amount of time.

Car was running factory boost (10psi) on a conservative tune at that dyno day (165kwatw), he wasnt looking for a great deal more but i think he just went a little crazy after he realised he needed a new block.

would love to have one built from the ground up with st205 running gear in it.

Yea diabetic wrote off his ST205, parked on the side of the road and just got run up the rear at 60+kmh. All running gear was removed and fitted to this shell. Took him over a year to modify all the little brackets and piece it all together.

Car is road legal, he used to drive it to work daily. It may end up with a homologated half cage soon.

Engine and gearbox are now together and ill help him fit it up later.

Got the engine in today, dummy fitted the turbo and his new radiator, theres literally an ants dick in width between the cold side of the turbo and the radiator fan. New turbo is bumped forward quite a lot.

Next on the car is to install the CT20b into my mums MR2 running the ST205 computer, injectors and map sensor. Should give it a decent bump in hp.

Will get photos when im over there again tomorrow for mothersday haha

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok Boys and girls.

The old man is getting serious and wants to go full hog. However he wants to purchase/aquire or build this body kit:

2331484531_d8eba188bc.jpg

50038991_98c.jpg

49903920_98grid.jpg

Any more info or a good place that could do it would be rad.

my mate had one of these.

Sold it to another mate who I think has it in a shed somewhere in chch.

I will ring him see if he still has it - it was stock as

Yea?? That would be awesome man!

Ok Boys and girls.

The old man is getting serious and wants to go full hog. However he wants to purchase/aquire or build this body kit:

i dont think its a body kit?

gto2_06HW_1.jpg

you could buy an ex tranzam chassis and put celica shaped body on it lol

Haha yea as that pic shows its a spaceframe car, would have to be a custom kit for sure to get that look. Start making something out of bog/foam/wood take a mould and make it out of fibreglass? big job but that thing rules

There was a series of Body kits available in the US that made the factory model look like that.

Might have to get down with some wood and foam. His idea but i feel im getting more and more roped into it.

• 4 months later...