Dohcfordman's 1989 GD Telstar hatch

dohcfordman

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't completely given up on the idea of the (fake) Borbets. The problem lies with 9" width on the rear. Too wide. 8" on the front was pushing it (slightly sticking out, very close to the strut) Offset at +30 was okay. With 7" wide I can barely get a finger between the rear strut and the wheel. Pity I couldnt just get it slimmed down an inch or so. Or maybe I can? Finding out about that.

I am keeping the 17"s. May not be everyones cup/glass of tea/bourbon but stuff it I do like them.

I can't get them machined as its the width that's the problem. Talked to the shop and they may be able to split a set for me. Monday is the day when I find out for sure if this can happen. (Hope it can).

A guy in Aus had a Mazda GV wagon with a fe3 in it. Made crazy power something like 500 hp. Pretty sure its on tube. Think it was a white one.

Id even be happy with MS, cams, ITB's and extractors.

I like where you're going with this man. Obviously itb's/cams/ecu etc will get the tick up from me, but either direction you head will net good results for different reasons.

What do you mean by split the Borbets? Usually those fake wheels aren't 3 piece, they are just cast replicas so I'd be amazed if they can be separated. Are you sure 8 inch can't fit inside the guards? It seems a large car to not be able to fit only 8's under there.

Give us some pics with the details perhaps and we might be able to help. I have 10's on the back of my old Commodore and it can't be much bigger than a Telstar under there.