b1600 engine replacment

craig_b

whats up, i dont think the ute going to go anywhere and im all about the rims on the rear so might have to just cable tie another engine in.

what i was woundering is what kind of sump configuration i will need as im thinking about putting a 1uz in, they come in front rear and mid sump varietys, anyone got an idea or the best way for me to figure out what i need

is the steering conversion a pain in the ass or pretty easy to sort out? would rather spend the cash on the soarer but need a daily driver and a way to transport my quad, cant find another 2L MA motor, the only one i have found the guy wanted $750 for which isnt worth it. so would be cool to put something decent in the ute but dont want another 3 year project. i guess brakes etc would have to be upgraded aswell for cert

I had a wee look into conversions a few months back for mine as I kinda want a tow wagon as the standard engine is weak. I was thinking cheap on a budget and started looking down the Mazda/Ford v6 line. Cheap as at pickapart could make the whole engine under $500. Mating it to a box is the tricky part. From memory ther Telstar V6 was pretty skinny so would make a nice choice.

I think I also found that maybe the small Eterna? Estima? V6 mates up to the standard box.. I cant fully emmebr tho, have alook into it and let me know haha.

Gaz

Mate at work has a 2jz N/A in his B1600 i can find out details if you want. I think it was pretty straightforward.

yeah man any details would be mint, after any ideas at the moment or something that makes me go "fuck yeah i want to do that"