Antz's Toyota MarkTwooooo

Kelvin

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turbo position sucks. So close to dizzy.  Will most likely cut off the flange and get it moved. Manifold was so warped. engineer surfaced it. then had to put in press to somewhat straighten, then the flanges fill welded in parts and surfaced a second time he said. 

Hopefully it will make boost somewhere before 4k. Hopefully its not a pig to drive. But i plan on changing everything after cert anyways.

A Newer ball bearing turbo will help. And some intake mods + a computer better.

do believe it has been done in aussie. Its not worth it on a 1g. Such an old motor.
Mate of the old man has a twin charged Tarmac race 2L evo3. says it wasnt worth it either.. so much time in tuning, fab work, etc etc. Recons he'll just go 2.3L with bigger turbo next.. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so my wiring knowledge is NIL. I could not evven tell you what a relay is.

Im running the factory ecu, Im assuming it has a thermostat, so is there any reason that these cant be wired into the factory loom somehow? 

Or do i need to make the fans their own seperate circuit?

Wouldnt your motor have run a normal viscous fan?

Normally, fans are their own circuit. You run them through a relay that is switched on via water temp sensor that goes in one of these adapters. You can just go through the Repco/Appco book and find one with the right temperature switch points and the right thread

auto-part-water-temperature-sensor-adapt

Yeah, so forgot my car had viscous fan factory. Duh. 
so i assume will need to sort out a separate circuit. 
I have read about the honda switchs, just about to google them now and see whats up. 

So i need to get,
some form of sensor, some form of switch, a relay to run it all? 

its the exact same thing as doing bmw bolts. 
only thing is that instead of changing bolts, i changed a bush to suit the factory bolts. Saved me fabing up the bolt locaters etc. its only really worth doing it my way if you have a spare crossmember.
It actually was easy as heck. i would have done it ages ago if i knew the factory toe bolts were ecentric bolts/didnt look.

Very. I would just use a vice and a hammer if you dont have a metal bender and just make a few until you get 2 nice ones that the bolts fit really snugly into.. The standard ones and like 2-2.5mm thick steel. They are nothing special at all.