ld28 swap to what??

shizzl

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 years later...

Great thread and comments. I have a 1983 CF Bedford with LD28 and manual. Wife has 2 x EVs and thinks the van is too noisy despite all the sound proofing Ive installed. So I'm looking for a conversion of the LD28 to something with less noise and a bit more hp (but not huge hp or Ill have to swap out the diff, so maybe 120-150hp?). Maybe a Nissan L28 petrol? If Im gonna go to the effort of replacing the engine I'd prefer to spend a little more and put a later model engine in. Not too bothered about fuel cost as only running low kms. Thoughts and advise please

Wow, I remember this thread .

that van went well for an old girl.

I ended up replacing the motor for a good ld28 and kept the turbo on it, rolled coal at 13psi.

sold it to my sister lol.

Diesel is just not worth the $ and the slowness now

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a customer who had a Volvo 245, and it broke down Opotiki way, last century. She stayed in town for 2 or 3 days while the local garage fitted another engine, and she drove home again. What they fitted was an LD28 !  Of all the engines to replace a 2 litre 4 cyl, they chose an LD28. An OHC Cortina surely would've been a better option, so it must've been all they had. I maintained that car for over 10 years, and it was a Volvo, so not much went wrong...even with a bloody LD28...so they had done a pretty good job on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1