Speedfreak1's 1967 ford/holden anglia

speedfreak1

umm, why an anglia?

i guess the better half liked the look of them, and a rusty old one that had been sitting in a paddock for a decade came up on trademe for $250, i ripped out all the anglia bits and sold them to a guy that wrecks early ford stuff down in Oamaru so that stuff will get reused.

The shell needed a fair bit of work to get back on the road, last time on the road was 95 and sat under a tree until we went and got it, everything was seized etc. Car was really only good for a parts car at that stage, and i know worse cars have been brought back to life but usually only if they are super rare or special value.

Least this way the old girl gets a new lease on life, all be it holden powered and racing round a paddock.

and your right, its awesome fun! before we broke the driveshaft(and fixed it with a bit of exhaust that survived the weekend, but that sanother story) it hooked up like nothing else!

yea, i was going to lock it but when i pulled it apart to weld it was a LSD lol, didnt have another one at the time so just chucked it in, now gona go back and put the locked one in, and maybe fiddle breaks on the front to get it round the corners ;)

What/where/when is dirt drags? is there a website with details and rules and stuff?

Cheers for the comments